Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #1
greenplanet

Default 4 monitors causes AMD driver crash on resume

Hi everyone,
After installing the DisplayLink driver my computer cannot resume from standby if I have 3 monitors (plus the display link, total 4) enabled. I have a Lenovo LT1421wD USB monitor.

I am running Windows 8 64bit with current patches, an AMD 6800 running driver version 13.4 and DisplayLink version 7.2M1. Attached to the AMD card are 2 monitors at 1920x1080 on DVI and one 2560x1440 on DisplayPort.

According to the Windows event log, on resume Windows continually tries to restart the AMD driver without much success (there are a bunch of warnings reading "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.") and only stops when I cut power to the computer. The USB monitor works correctly though and I can unlock the computer however the system is unusable as Windows is continually trying to restart the main graphics driver.

I have tried AMD version 13.1 (which I upgraded to 13.4 in an unsuccessful attempt to resolve the issue) and DisplayLink version 7.0M3 (which was the driver shipped with the device, neither of which resolved the problem. I have also tried different USB ports. I have also tried the DisplayLink cleaner utility and re-installing version 7.2M1. Unfortunately I do not have another tri-screen setup to test the USB monitor with.

Apart from resuming, the system is stable as I can use, start up and shutdown the system without problems.

If I disable at least 1 of the screens (resulting in 2 on the card plus the USB screen=3 total) the system resumes from standby without issue.

Thanks for reading,
GreenPlanet

Last edited by greenplanet; 06-01-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: grammer error
greenplanet is offline   Reply With Quote