Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 07-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #21
Carlo
Mac Team

BTW: Beta is beta... Finding bugs, killing bugs... I know it

Regards from germany
Jean[/QUOTE]

Hi Jean,

I'm afraid we may not be able to fix it, beta or not beta. Looks to be an issue in Lion, constrained to the 9400M/9600M GPUs (lucky you!).
Raised a bug with Apple and hoping on a fix in 10.7.1.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #22
macattack

Hey all, I just got the 1.72b drivers working on Lion, at first my ViBook screen did not come up when I upgraded to Lion. When I first upgraded my ViBook USB monitor was not working but I reinstalled the 1.72b drivers and rebooted and it started working again. Try it!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #23
bhimmelstein

It does not support rotation. I use three monitors in portrait view. Prior version I had installed supported rotation.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #24
Carlo
Mac Team

Try http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=301
Old 07-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #25
russells

Default Macbook (6,1) Lion - no display after sleep

Hi,

I upgraded to Lion, installed the beta and am quite pleased.
Unfortunately, everytime the display 'sleeps' by the system (not system sleeping), I get the last screen content on the USB driven monitor and my laptop screen and other monitor are blank/black with the mouse drawn.

Moving the mouse doesn't change the position of the drawn mouse and I ultimately have to reboot the system (thankfully an SSD so its quick ;o)

Not sure how to troubleshoot this more. Perhaps a delayed cron job to run the debug gathering app after the 'Display sleep' event?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #26
philip

Default Rotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhimmelstein View Post
It does not support rotation. I use three monitors in portrait view. Prior version I had installed supported rotation.
I used this: http://www.magesw.com/displayrotation/ and then all of a sudden the controls were there in the display preferences window (not pull down). I used this once, then deleted it making sure it didn't load on login and I'm still able to rotate my displays in just system preferences with the pull down, without this app, but you can keep it on your computer all the same.

I'm a little bummed that it's something DisplayLink has no way of fixing, and that we're stuck waiting for a fix via apple instead of displayLink. If we are waiting on apple I bet the issue wouldn't really be addressed since their main thing is Thunderbolt which supports multiple displays natively.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
kroser

After reading all these post I still have some questions:

If I were to have problems with the new drivers on a Macbook Pro with Lion, is there any disruption to the non-DisplayLink displays, e.g., the laptop monitor or a displayport monitor? Even if the USB adapters are unplugged?

Are there any macbook's where the driver works just fine? I have a November 2009, Macbook Pro, 17" with the dual video: Nvidea GeForce 9400M with Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT. Has anyone used the driver with this hardware and has it worked?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #28
daesland

Default imac 27"

Im having a similar problem to some. My setup is an iMac 27" with 2 identical sony displays connected and os lion. One with display link usb and the other to the display port. The computer has 2 user accounts.

Everything works fine until i click on my user name in the top right corner and select display log in window, then select the other user. Then the computer just hangs with the spinning wheel. This also happens when my screen saver activates and then my partner comes to the mac and selects their name on the login screen after they have hit a key to bring up the log in screen and then select their name.

However, when I'm using the computer in a current session for me, select the user name top right and select the other user, i can log in as them fine and toggle between the two.

The only problem is as above, if my login times out to the screen saver and then on a key press, select the other person or select login screen from my session and select the other user - CRASH. But its ok if I click on myself again. Just when you click the other user!

Everything works fine with the log in screen as long as you are not trying to log in at the same as somebody else is logged in. If no body else is logged in it doesn't seem to have any problems.

Removing the driver and just having the native and the display port displays running results in no problems at all meaning its very likely to be the driver.

Im new to this forum, although i have been a close watcher for a long time. By posting here am i logging the bug or do i need to do that somewhere else?

Thanks

Daniel

update ......

unplugging and replugging the displaykink a few times when it hangs seems to get it going again. this must be significant.

Last edited by daesland; 07-27-2011 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #29
radesix

Default Confirmed

I'm also having display issues with OSX Lion and the beta drivers. I've read all the posts and have the following updates/comments. On the surface the beta appears to work; however, there are a few random display issues such as:

1) Parallels VM's show flashing ANSI characters on most of the screen rendering the VM's useless
2) Opening any image only shows a white screen (even though I can see the image in the thumbnail and I can see the image if I turn on Magnifier.
3) Opening a disk image only shows a white screen if in Show Icon mode. (Show List works fine)
4) No login screen is displayed, just the scratchy gray background

5) I too have the drag and drop issue but do not believe this is related to the drivers. It appears to be an OSX Lion issue according to the Apple support communities. The workaround for this is to put OSX to sleep.. then awake. Drag and Drop should work then.

As for the first four issues related to the beta drivers... based on the content of these forums I switch my energy saver settings from "better battery life" to "higher performance" and the issues seem to be suppressed.

Hopefully a fix can be made to re-enable the "better battery life" option.

Specs:
Early 2009 17" MBP
8GB 1067 DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
OSX Lion 10.7 11A511
5 Monitors (3 using the Diamond BVU195 HD USB Display Adapters)

Last edited by radesix; 07-27-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #30
radesix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroser View Post
After reading all these post I still have some questions:

If I were to have problems with the new drivers on a Macbook Pro with Lion, is there any disruption to the non-DisplayLink displays, e.g., the laptop monitor or a displayport monitor? Even if the USB adapters are unplugged?

Are there any macbook's where the driver works just fine? I have a November 2009, Macbook Pro, 17" with the dual video: Nvidea GeForce 9400M with Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT. Has anyone used the driver with this hardware and has it worked?
The non-DisplayLink monitors work fine (i.e the one external connected to the mini-display port and the laptop monitor) without the beta drivers.

I believe I have hardware similar to yours and experienced the issues other mention (plus some of my own) which all seemed to be resolved by changing energy saver settings to "Higher Performance"