Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
dispnev

Default Notification Thread for Carlo for when Mavericks and DisplayLink Play Nice

I would like to make this thread so that Carlo can update us when DisplayLink and Mavericks work well together. So anyone in the same boat (which is ... everyone?) can subscribe to this thread and get notified that it's okay to upgrade to Mavericks.

Since October I've been checking these forums every week or so, and it's getting frustrating. I want to upgrade to Mavericks, but don't want to lose my DL monitors.

To get notified of progress, post 'me too' or something, and get on the thread subscription list. Hopefully Carlo will keep us updated, but anyone can update us, really.

Last edited by dispnev; 01-13-2014 at 08:55 PM.
dispnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
mifiguer

Can't wait to try something! Going back to single monitor + laptop display really sucks!
mifiguer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
EddieMa

Default Looks like they released it earlier today!

Edit: Oops Sorry -- Oops -- wow. Saw a sticky post and didn't see the date: Nov 2013 -- nevermind.

Last edited by EddieMa; 01-17-2014 at 11:57 PM.
EddieMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
ehendrix

I just checked, it is still the 2.1 driver which has been out for a few months now.
ehendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Gracefull

Mee Three....
Gracefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #6
IndustrialEcho

I understand it takes some effort to fix the software, but come on guys! This is unfair to any of us that bought your hardware. v2.1 does not work any more.

v2.2 Please!
IndustrialEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:47 AM   #7
paultzirides

Default Here's some hope

Hey folks, just wanted to post my good experience.

I am currently using:
MacBook Air (Mid-2012)
Anker USB 3.0 Dual-display dock (HDMI and DVI)
Dell 1905 FP
Dell 1908 FP
DisplayLink 2.1 Drivers

The setup works phenomenally, with almost no lag and a small amount of visual aberration (flickering on when resizing windows/zooming in on web page content, etc.).

I have the exact same dock at my office, with two identical Acer displays (model number escapes me, resolution is 1080p). That setup does not work as expected. Both displays appear in the "Displays" Preference Pane, but only one is active.

My thoughts:
  1. Dual 1080p displays may be causing problems
  2. Two identical displays may cause problems (my home setup has two different displays, despite being the same resolution).

Hope that helps.
paultzirides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
IndustrialEcho

Ok, so not sure what changed, but I just plugged my second monitor in and viola! It works! I am still on v2.1.

/me scratches head
IndustrialEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi Everyone,

We have tested the latest 10.9.2 preview and unfortunately we have not found any fixes.

If you look at the list at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=354 so far we have confirmed that all issues but one are due to OS regressions.
The "Second DisplayLink display connected may be blank" issue is still not 100% confirmed but it looks very likely to be another OS-induced issue.

This does not mean that we are powerless: as I wrote in other threads we can work around a few issues and are working on them. One in particular turned out to be trickier than expected but we're not far from a solution.
As usual it would be unwise to give release dates, sorry.

In any case for all issues is worth raising a bug on bugreport.apple.com. I'm told these bug reports are being read and duplicate reports are useful to increase the priority of issues.

I know this update is not very satisfactory and the worry is to have another 10.8 with OS fixes coming one year after version 10.8.0. We continue to explore all options to avoid that.

I leave you with a possible workaround for multiple external screens: we've been told that some issues are influenced by the order the devices are seen by the OS. You may want to experiment with that.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #10
kamil6x

Default Dual Displays working only after reboot

My experience is that the HDMI display works after a reboot of OS X.
Scenario:
1)plug in to workstation 1 with displaylink 3900 dvi, HDMI and both displays work.
2)switch to workstation 2 with displaylink single DVI box at different workstation and monitor works.
3)switch back to workstation 1 and DVI works, but HDMI doesn't; have to reboot OS X mavericks for HDMI to work.
kamil6x is offline   Reply With Quote