Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #1
ReneeT

Default How to run DisplayLink support tool?

Hello,

Unfortunately my e1659Fwu monitor does not work with my new Win 8.1 Dell touchscreen laptop. I'd like to send support information to DisplayLink, but I can't figure out how to run the support tool.

After I accept the License Agreement, I'm told to download this file: application/octet-stream (615 KB) That file goes to my desktop where I attempt to open it, but Windows doesn't recognize the file type.

Please advise.

Thank you.
ReneeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
john7

Question

I have exactly the same problem of the support program not running in W8.1. Its of concern that no one appears to have either any interest in this or ideas as to how we get over the problem (though I would think its a new version of program needed)

Last edited by john7; 05-18-2014 at 09:19 AM.
john7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
john7

Well thanks to a total lack of any interest in my device makers and DisplayLink I spent some time working through the problem. I found in Firefox the download wasn't seen as a exe and there after windows sees it as data to be run in something.
Change to IE and its down loaded as a exe file and runs. The problem is either in Firefox or the debug program causing this. The companies support had not bothered to check any of this out which doesn't impress me at all!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Wim

Thanks for finding this. I'm just back from holiday. The file has moved onto Amazon S3 buckets and the Content-Disposition header didn't have quotes around it, so Firefox didn't see the full file name.

Quotes have now been added so it should download properly now. Seems only Firefox shows up this issue...

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #5
john7

Yes its now working, if only I could get the Targus upload site to work to send the file to I wold be happy