Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
Bob Cohen

Default Problem With ViewSonic Monitors

I believe this problem exists in the prior version as well, but as long as I'm here...

I have a configuration with 3 ViewSonic 22" monitors and 3 WinStars adapters, each adapter using the high end chip. The laptop is a Sony Z with an nVidia M330 chip and an Intel chip, with an automatic switching capability.

For the most part the configuration is totally unstable. It will only occasionally see the adapters and even more rarely identify them correctly. When they are identified correctly they show up in Device Manager as "WS Tech USB-DVI". When they show up incorrectly they are identified simply as "USB-DVI". The monitors work when the adapters are correctly identified, but not when they get the generic identification. The green LED on the adapter is not lit in this second instance.

If I take an adapter and connect it to an old Gateway monitor we have laying around, that all works normally. Then if I unplug the Gateway and plug in one of the ViewSonics, then the ViewSonic works correctly also.

This situation does not survive a reboot.

At the moment I'm assuming that the adapters/driver are not compatible with the ViewSonics and plan on returning them (i.e. the monitors) shortly.

Last edited by Bob Cohen; 07-03-2010 at 03:05 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
Sian

Can you send us the log files from when the issue occurs by using the support tool here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269.

We may be able to see what the problem is from the log files.

Thanks,
Sian
Old 07-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #3
Bob Cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sian View Post
Can you send us the log files from when the issue occurs by using the support tool here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269.

We may be able to see what the problem is from the log files.

Thanks,
Sian
Sorry, already sent them back. Replaced them with Samsung's, which are better but still have some startup issues. I can send those log files.