Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #31
variable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Are you running in Basic or Aero mode? Please refer to this FAQ to see the difference between these two modes.

Thanks
Hi Pawel. I am running in Aero mode.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #32
rafarataneneces

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguevoice View Post
I have installed both 260.99 and 260.98 with 5.4 m1 with no success. My 2 video cards are NVIDIA Geoforce 7600 GS with 256MB RAM each. I am currently running Windows 7 (64 Bit). Even before the update to 260.99, I noticed that Displaylink devices, which I have 3 did not properly function without Aero enabled. Each monitor would routinely blank out if it did not have focus.

As of now, this is still the case because I have lossed Aero support again. When Displaylink devices are un attached, I have Aero Support.

What is the turnaround time for a fix?

Thanks, been with you guys since the beginning.
It's been 3 months since the release of 260 drivers.
However Display Link seems to release a new update every month or so

I hope some day the issues can be fixed

this are MAJOR MAJOR issues (all your DirectX programs stop working properly), so right now all I can say is that I hope these issues get fixed asap

I was really discouraged with this technology, I payed for something that was supposed to be better

Being late 4-6 months in drivers, not my idea of staying in the Edge
Old 11-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #33
oes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Are you running in Basic or Aero mode? Please refer to this FAQ to see the difference between these two modes.

Thanks
Pawel,

I'm running in Aero mode, but I noticed when my displaylink drivers/software were installed that it would force me into Basic when I would try to launch VLC or something else using DirectX. It doesn't do that when I have the displaylink drivers/software uninstalled.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #34
oes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafarataneneces View Post
I mean, we are complaining, and you ask a question

"Are you running Basic or Aero mode"??

What does that have to do with anything???

I know some users are a bit inexperienced, but when you ask users questions (like the one you did), it's an educated way of saying "you're inexperienced, you're doing something wrong"
They ask questions because they're trying to find out what people experiencing problems may have in common. Perhaps there is some known issue with how Aero and Basic themes work with DirectX or Windows APIs when using DisplayLink software. We really don't know since we don't design this software.

I'm guessing they are not a very large company and it's possible their current software works fine on their test machines. If we can't give them information about our particular hardware, operating system and software it will take longer for them to resolve the issue.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:44 AM   #35
kylose

Default Experiencing same issue

System details will follow....

I'd like to chime in as a NVIDIA GTX 260 core216 owner that I'm experiencing the same issue between the 260.99 drivers and my displaylink device. I've tried both the 5.4 M1 drivers and the 5.5 drivers, with no relief. I'm still unable to play D3D games with any displaylink drivers installed.

I was using a previous version of the NVIDIA drivers (couldn't tell you which at this point, but I updated to attempt to attain better stability with COD:BO) and it was working just fine. As soon as I upgraded to 260.99 I experience an infinite loop of a black screen flashing to desktop, as if it's trying to change resolution but can't and it never stops trying. Uninstalling DisplayLink drivers and rebooting allows the system to act normally and play D3D games.

I can also confirm that the VLC trick works for me as well. Thanks for that whoever posted it.

System specs:

Gigabyte EX58-UD3R motherboard
Core i7-920 (stock clock)
Nvidia EVGA GTX 260 core216 (stock clocks and 260.99 drivers)
6 GB DDR3
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition

DisplayLink device:
EVGA UV Plus

While far from flawless, I'm generally satisfied with the product and would love to continue using it.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #36
Wim

Hi All

Thanks for helping with this. We have done some investigation, and yes we have found that there is still an issue with the NVidia 260.89 driver. Apologies for this.

As this is affecting so many of you, we're doing a fix today, then packaging it up into a release. We need to give this some further testing (to make sure nothing else is broken) and sign the release with Microsoft, so this should be available by 6th December at the latest. It will be v5.5 M1.

If you can hold on until this date, then we should have a fix that works for all of you.

Thanks

Wim
Old 11-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #37
variable

Yay! Thanks guys! Just in case it helps in the future, I found the support utility in another post. The output is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20101125_095234.zip (919.2 KB, 638 views)
Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #38
chrisc

I have just upgraded video, DisplayLink and VLC software. I don't know if I had a problem before since I didn't try but now I want to make more use of the DisplayLink. I have 3 monitors with the DisplayLink connected via an adapter to an HDMI input. Running XP 32 bit.
VLC is 1.1.5
nVidia is 260.99
DisplayLink is 5.5.27797
WMP plays back AVI's fine on the monitor but no picture playback via VLC.
I am guessing that my problem will be fixed with 5.5 M1 when it comes out ?

My main use is showing photos and this works okay. Normally I would find other ways to do this but the DisplayLink will also work from a laptop in remote locations hence why I am continuing to play with it.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #39
Wim

Hi All

I've just put v5.5 M1 on the DisplayLink website for download. This should fix the issue with the latest NVidia driver.

Thanks

Wim
Old 12-04-2010, 04:11 AM   #40
variable

Thumbs up

All my issues have been resolved. I got my baby monitor back! Thanks guys.

Last edited by Pawel; 12-06-2010 at 09:27 AM.