Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #1
James Buchal

Default USB Drivers unstable with Lenovo Yoga 3 Core M machine

I am running a new Lenovo Yoga 3 11.6 laptop with a TP-Link powered USB 3.0 hub and three Diamond UGA 35000S adaptors driving three VGA monitors.

The setup crashes a few times a day; the monitors go dark and then reconnect, slowly. The problem was significantly worse before I updated the Intel display drivers to the newest version, but that didn't solve the problem. I suspect DisplayLink's drivers are not fully tested with the new Intel Core M processors/drivers.

It is possible that the problem is a power-saving feature on the processor, but I am running the "high performance" setting, for whatever that is worth.

Please, DisplayLink, get these drivers working. I have invested hundreds of dollars in this setup. I never had these kinds of problems with my old Matrox TripleHead, and now that I have the Lenovo, which has only HDMI video output, I can't go back.

I have attached the support information folder generated by the Support Tool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LENOVO-PC_20150418_150059.zip (286.9 KB, 3 views)
James Buchal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:35 PM   #2
James Buchal

This remains an annoying problem. Is there no one from DisplayLink who monitors this forum who might like to help make their drivers work with the next generation of Intel processors?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #3
Wim

This does not sound like a driver problem, but something unstable on the USB bus. When the problem occurs does everything disconnect from the USB bus or is it just the DisplayLink adapters? Does the problem still occur if you connect directly to the Yoga?

Also try connecting the hub using a USB 2.0 cable to see if it is a problem with USB 3.0. This will help diagnose where the USB instability is.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:33 AM   #4
James Buchal

As far as I can tell, because all the displays are flickering, the USB 2.0 devices (mouse and keyboard) continue to function during the problem times. I do not understand the question "does the problem still occur if you connect directly to the Yoga"? If the question is what happens when I connect a single external display to the USB 3.0 port, I have not tried this and cannot afford to operate in this fashion for hours to diagnose a highly intermittent problem. As for connecting with a USB 2.0 cable, that cable cannot drive three displays, so I am not sure why I would try that.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:48 AM   #5
James Buchal

Default Still not fixed.

This problem is not fixed with the latest DisplayLink software, and continues to be an annoyance. It may be more of a Lenovo problem, but it's still a problem I can't seem to fix.