Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #51
Swigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspintzyk View Post
Did you executed that command in macOS recovery mode?
After reboot what
kextstat | grep DisplayLink says?

Yes I did, I re-did the command so you could see. I also entered the kextstat | grep DisplayLink command and it gave the output in the screenshot. Please see the attached screenshot in recovery mode for both commands.

Not sure what else to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3848.jpg (90.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #52
MGI

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyV View Post
thanks for your post steelvoltage, it gave me some progress towards a solution

this solution got output to my 2 DisplayLink driven external monitors, but required some extra work in the system preferences.
reboot broke it all again

Steps:
1. uninstalled DisplayLink driver
2. rebooted and checked the kextcache to verify it was cleared and verified DisplayLink software no longer installed
3. reinstalled DisplayLink driver v5.2(15)
4. rebooted

Results: 2 external DisplayLink monitors are recognized by the OS (cursor displays on each) but only shows black screen. app windows moved to the monitors do not display, nor does the desktop background image

5. Opened System/Preferences/Displays
Selected: Arrangement Mirror Displays
all external monitors display everything perfectly
deselecting 'mirror...' and the DL monitors go back to black, but clicking on each monitor in the arrangement display shows the thin red line indicating another monitor adjacent to the main display
Selected each of the external monitors in turn and selected "Optimize for display"
Unselected 'Mirror Displays" and all are working as expected

6. Rebooting computer - external DisplayLink monitors return to black w/ cursor state.

any other thoughts or suggestions welcome ... I'll try anything at this point. this is my work computer.

Thanks, All!
Same here !
We still wait for a working solution Displaylink !

Please delete [Solved] from the post suject !
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #53
lspintzyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyV View Post
thanks for your post steelvoltage, it gave me some progress towards a solution

this solution got output to my 2 DisplayLink driven external monitors, but required some extra work in the system preferences.
reboot broke it all again

Steps:
1. uninstalled DisplayLink driver
2. rebooted and checked the kextcache to verify it was cleared and verified DisplayLink software no longer installed
3. reinstalled DisplayLink driver v5.2(15)
4. rebooted

Results: 2 external DisplayLink monitors are recognized by the OS (cursor displays on each) but only shows black screen. app windows moved to the monitors do not display, nor does the desktop background image

5. Opened System/Preferences/Displays
Selected: Arrangement Mirror Displays
all external monitors display everything perfectly
deselecting 'mirror...' and the DL monitors go back to black, but clicking on each monitor in the arrangement display shows the thin red line indicating another monitor adjacent to the main display
Selected each of the external monitors in turn and selected "Optimize for display"
Unselected 'Mirror Displays" and all are working as expected

6. Rebooting computer - external DisplayLink monitors return to black w/ cursor state.

any other thoughts or suggestions welcome ... I'll try anything at this point. this is my work computer.

Thanks, All!
Please install beta 5.2.1 driver
https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1433
Old 10-11-2019, 10:47 AM   #54
lspintzyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigs View Post
Yes I did, I re-did the command so you could see. I also entered the kextstat | grep DisplayLink command and it gave the output in the screenshot. Please see the attached screenshot in recovery mode for both commands.

Not sure what else to do.
Hi swigs,
I have found other solution, however I am not sure how reliable it is.
Instructions are:
1. Uninstall displaylink driver.
2. Enter macOS Recovery mode
3. In terminal enter command:
csrutil disable
4. Boot to normal macOS and enter command in terminal:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions
and reboot
5. Boot to normal macOS. At this stage kextstat | grep DisplayLink should be empty
6. Enter command in terminal
sudo csrutil clear
This will enable system integrity protection disabled in step 2.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #55
23resdf434634trg534t34tgr

Default DL 5.2 fix after sleep/disconnect on Catalina

Macbook Air 2018, DisplayLink v 5.2 installed prior to upgrade to Catalina w. ThinkPad dock where Screen Recording has been allowed and working as expected after boot.

Issue: After sleep or disconnect from dock displays wither show black background w. mouse or screen(s) not waking.

Solution (Certified "works on my machine")
1) Disconnect dock
2) Start Activity Monitor, kill DisplayLinkUserAgent and DisplayLinkManager
3) Reconnect dock
Old 10-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #56
MGI

Quote:
That doesn´t solve the Issue, sorry
Old 10-11-2019, 01:11 PM   #57
NancyV

Default beta driver install renders external displays inaccessible

Quote:
Per suggestion:
installed 5.2.1 Beta
RESULTS: 2 external monitors driven by DisplayLink software are no longer configurable in Display preferences, they do not show up at all, therefore unable to perform the work around steps previously listed to get output to those monitors.

System Report/Hardware/USB shows the 2 USB Display Adapters, I can't recall exactly but I think this reference used to indicate the make and model of the monitors. that info no longer part of the report.

Processes Status (Activity Monitor/CPU/info)
DisplayLinkManager and DisplayLinkUserAgent both showing large number of faults: 6,291 and 12,583 respectively.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #58
gritt

I tried absolutely everything to solve this issue but nothing seemed to work. I didn't have the privacy setting so I couldn't do anything there. I booted into recovery and ran all the commands and pretty much every suggestion in this thread, still nothing worked.

Let's start with my experience. On initial boot, both monitors worked great. As soon as I let the monitors go to sleep, only one would recover from sleep. I finally decided as a workaround I would just set the monitors to never sleep and I would try a few other options. First, I just physically turned off the monitors. I turned them back on and everything still worked. Great. Next I tried putting the mac itself to sleep. It went to sleep and woke fine and both monitors still worked. Next I set up a hot corner to put the monitors to sleep. That also worked. OK, strange, but whatever. Next I set my monitors to sleep at 1 minute, and that tested fine as well. I finally set it back to 3 minutes which is where I originally had it and I haven't had a problem since.

I'm not sure if my experience is similar to others. For instance, when one of my monitors didn't recover from sleep, it simply wasn't listed under displays... but after reboot it was. I've seen others say theirs was still listed, so that seems to be a difference.

TL;DR - I set my my monitor to never sleep and back and that seems to have cured my woes.

Oh, and I'm running 5.2.1 beta 2.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #59
NancyV

MGI quoted [Please delete [Solved] from the post suject]

would if I could, not forum savvy :-(
Old 10-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #60
ElKekoTopo

Ok I tried everything you Guys post here and still my Mac OS don't give my external display permission to screen recording.
Closed Thread