Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
MelGrubb

Default Flashing on main monitor

After installing the drivers for my new Mimo 710-S, I'm noticing some flashing on my main monitors. Mostly I notice this in Internet Explorer running against sites with buttons for links. For instance, my company's Outlook Web Access (OWA) page flashes a lot as I move the mouse over the "toolbar" buttons at the top of a message. Normal links do not exhibit this behavior, only those that appear as buttons. The only example I have at the moment is OWA, but if I find another site, I'll add it to the thread.

I have seen this on my home laptop (Win7 32 bit) as well as at work (Win7 64 bit). This only started happening after installing the DisplayLink drivers. Is this a known issue, and is there any idea how to make it stop? It's pretty irritating.

Last edited by MelGrubb; 06-08-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
cppchriscpp

Happens with mine; what I don't understand is how the software still manages to cause that when the device is not plugged in.

How has the stability of your pc been since installing the drivers? Have you started seeing more random restarts/blue screen of death type things? I noticed that and soon after I hit a blue screen; on multiple occasions. I also avoid using Internet explorer when I do not need to test something, so this could be an ever-present issue that I have not noticed.

I'm at the point that the mimo stays in a box somewhere most of the time; once every couple of months I'll take it out and see if the drivers have improved to the point I can use it with my desktop regularly.

It makes an AMAZING miniature display to put my music player on, or simulate a smaller-screened device for testing things like web layouts. I really miss having the thing right after uninstalling, but I can't stand having my PC be that unreliable.