Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.3 Software Release

Old 05-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
dlfreak

Default Blank monitors after standby

Hello,

I've read through this forum, so I know this is a re-occurring issue that many people are facing. When my laptop returns from standby, the monitors are all blank, only way to get the them back is to disconnect and reconnect them. Will there be a fix for this soon?

My specs are:
Samsung R580 laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Nvidia 310m gfx card
Nvidia driver version 8.16.11.8911 (thru Windows update)
Displaylink driver version 5.3.24474.0
1 external monitor connected thru VGA port (via Nvidia)
1 external monitor connected thru USB port (via Displaylink)
1 internal laptop monitor

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
dlfreak

I encountered a new problem today. I had Google Chrome opened on the Displaylink monitor, and playing Flight Simulator X on the laptop monitor when I got the blue screen of death. If I disconnect the Displaylink monitor and just play FSX on the laptop, then there's no problem. Can anyone help?

Edit: I bought this laptop just last week from BestBuy, so there shouldn't be any hardware issue with the laptop.

Last edited by dlfreak; 05-04-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
dlfreak

It has been almost a week since my first post and no response, any Displaylink folks monitoring this forum? I've also emailed support and have not heard anything back, where is support?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #4
unlogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfreak View Post
Hello,

I've read through this forum, so I know this is a re-occurring issue that many people are facing. When my laptop returns from standby, the monitors are all blank, only way to get the them back is to disconnect and reconnect them. Will there be a fix for this soon?

My specs are:
Samsung R580 laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Nvidia 310m gfx card
Nvidia driver version 8.16.11.8911 (thru Windows update)
Displaylink driver version 5.3.24474.0

Thanks!
I'm having the same issue also on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and basically the same setup.

My specs are:

HP 2710P Tablet
X3100 (GMA965) built in gfx card using the lasted driver from intel.

Lets hope that DisplayLink cares about their customers and does something about this...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
unlogic

This issue seems to be resolved in the current official driver:

Version Number: 5.3.24474.0
Release Date: 23 April 2010
Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #6
hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlogic View Post
This issue seems to be resolved in the current official driver:

Version Number: 5.3.24474.0
Release Date: 23 April 2010
The problem has not been solved. I'm running this driver version on Win7 64bit with 2x LG 24" monitors, one via HDMI, the other DVI off of an ATI HD4350. The DisplayPort adapter is a Diamond BVU195. Almost all the time, waking up the monitors (the computer is on) from standby will cause the primary monitor to go blank. Have to unplug the cable and plug it back.

hades
Old 06-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #7
cppchriscpp

I get the same problem too. I'd like to add this happens even if the mimo monitor is not plugged in but the software is still installed. I've gotten numerous blue screens from the thing, and this is the main reason I can't make regular use of the thing. My desktop needs to be stable, and despite firmware updates, my problems still have not been remedied.

To make this example more concrete for a bug report,

CPU: AMD Athlon 6000+ 64 bit 3.0Ghz processor
RAM: 8gb DDR2
GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS (320MB model)

Issue: Displays all stop responding upon the screensaver going on/the machine automatically locking. The only easy remedy I have found for this is to log in, (Yes, without being able to see the prompt.) log back out with windows key+l, then log in again. This issue also appears to lead to frequent blue screens of death.

Without the software installed this machine will run fine with no slowdowns for months on end. (Literally, months. I restart if windows update complains about needing a restart loudly enough.) With the software installed, graphical performance takes a hit that gets progressively worse. Internet Explorer (I am a web designer; I need to use it once in a while. :<) begins visibly flickering like a graphical .NET application made by a user unfamiliar with double buffering. After this point a blue screen of death usually occurs within two hours. If I install the software on this machine it will blue screen on me within two days. I should note this is on my full-sized monitors that these problems occur, not on the USB monitor.

In addition, the issue with Fallout 3 crashing on startup is STILL not fixed. I have not seen anyone else bring it up, so I figure that it is worth a mention.

I'm sorry to say, but until there are some serious changes to the software I won't be able to keep this thing plugged into my desktop PC, which makes it almost useless to me.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
Eislinger

I am having problems too with FSX running the touch as a cdu and fms. If you try to resize it goes blank and all crashes. Running Win 7 64 bit. Going to play around with the beta drivers again today. Any help appreciated.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #9
IsLNdbOi

I'm having a standby / blank-ing problem with my MIMO UM-710-S. My system:

Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 motherboard
Intel i7-860S processor
8GB DDR3 Kingstom RAM
Intel 160GB G2 SSD
Western Digital 600GB VelociRaptor
LG SATA DVD Burner
ATI HD5770 PCIe video card
-> DVI: Dell G2410
-> DisplayPort: Dell U2410
-> HDMI: Panasonic 32" 1080P LCD TV

MIMO UM-710-S 7" USB LCD

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all of the latest Windows Updates installed and the latest DisplayLink driver software for the MIMO monitor.

I've set my system to run the screensaver on all four displays after 5 minutes then put all the displays in standby mode / blank the displays after 10 minutes.

When I move my mouse or press a keyboard key to wake the system up, all the displays come back to life except for the MIMO. This happens a majority of the time I do something to bring the monitors out of standby. I have to unplug its USB cable then plug it back in to bring it back.

The MIMO also sometimes flickers. I see the flickering during the times that it does come out of standby mode.

Are there going to be fixes for these issues?

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 08-26-2010 at 01:26 PM.