Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release

Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
lkatz

Default Monitor Not Detected

I am having trouble getting the DisplayLink working. The monitor is just not being detected. I have uninstalled the drivers, ran Disk Utility->Repair Disk Permissions , and reinstalled the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help.

The System Profiler reports that the DisplayLink device is connected. However, it states that it has not been configured:
USB Display Adapter:

Product ID: 0x8060
Vendor ID: 0x17e9 (DisplayLink (UK) Ltd.)
Version: 0.17
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
Location ID: 0x26200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (250.4 KB, 2380 views)
Old 11-08-2010, 10:45 PM   #2
lkatz

Question

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but in the system.log I am seeing:

Nov 8 17:36:47 MacBook pcscd[3330]: Non-smartcard device launched pcscd [Vendor: 0X17E9, Product: 0X8060]
Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

The device is malfunctioning, PID 0x8060 means that the device can't boot properly. I'd ask for a replacement.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
MikeKulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkatz View Post
I am having trouble getting the DisplayLink working. The monitor is just not being detected. I have uninstalled the drivers, ran Disk Utility->Repair Disk Permissions , and reinstalled the drivers. Unfortunately that did not help.

The System Profiler reports that the DisplayLink device is connected. However, it states that it has not been configured:
USB Display Adapter:

Product ID: 0x8060
Vendor ID: 0x17e9 (DisplayLink (UK) Ltd.)
Version: 0.17
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
Location ID: 0x26200000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This looks like a common problem as this is the third post I've found in the first 2 pages of this forum.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Pawel

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKulls View Post
This looks like a common problem as this is the third post I've found in the first 2 pages of this forum.
The problem with Product ID = 0x8060 is not a very common problem however our customers report it from time to time. DisplayLink cannot however be blamed for this problem as the chip in the device is not booting up properly and it means that the device is faulty. PID = 0x8060 shows that it has booted from the bootrom (rather than the EEPROM). This means it will not enable any video outputs.

We recommend unplugging all cables from the adapter, then connecting USB and then connecting the DVI/HDMI cable. This might resolve the problem Ikatz is experiencing. If it won't, then the manufacturer should be contacted for the replacement.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
MikeKulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
The problem with Product ID = 0x8060 is not a very common problem however our customers report it from time to time. DisplayLink cannot however be blamed for this problem as the chip in the device is not booting up properly and it means that the device is faulty. PID = 0x8060 shows that it has booted from the bootrom (rather than the EEPROM). This means it will not enable any video outputs.

We recommend unplugging all cables from the adapter, then connecting USB and then connecting the DVI/HDMI cable. This might resolve the problem Ikatz is experiencing. If it won't, then the manufacturer should be contacted for the replacement.
That is incorrect. The device most definitely is working as it works under windows on the same machine. It even works on windows inside virtual box under Mac OSX.

As for the problem not being common all I can say is that it has happened twice within days of me reinstalling the OS (the only solution I could find).
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
CodeMonkey

I have this line in my logs:

Code:
Jan  5 10:14:42 daves-mbp pcscd[65564]: Non-smartcard device launched pcscd [Vendor: 0X17E9, Product: 0X36]

Does it mean anything good / bad?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #8
dcoulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonkey View Post
I have this line in my logs:

Code:
Jan  5 10:14:42 daves-mbp pcscd[65564]: Non-smartcard device launched pcscd [Vendor: 0X17E9, Product: 0X36]

Does it mean anything good / bad?
I have a DL195 based adapter which is working fine - I get the same syslog message at boot time also (Product 0x2A7 in my case). I would disregard it, or at least not infer a failure from the message.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
CodeMonkey

I have a feeling that the problem is my wide screen monitors . . . But, I haven't had a chance to take it home and try it with a smaller one.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
fmlogue

My problem was somewhat different than the gentleman above. I couldn't get the device to work (light wouldn't go on) when plugged directly into a DVI monitor cable but it would work fine when using the DVI to VGA adapter and a VGA cable. However I discovered that in order to use the DVI cable, the sequence of first plugging in the USB cable, waiting until the light came on, then plugging in the DVI cable worked. The sequence was immaterial with the VGA adapter. The answer was hidden in this forum: "We recommend unplugging all cables from the adapter, then connecting USB and then connecting the DVI/HDMI cable. This might resolve the problem Ikatz is experiencing. If it won't, then the manufacturer should be contacted for the replacement."