Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
scott1588

Default Still problems with beta 3

Computer 2.8 GHz MPB

With Beta 3 I'm still having problems with the drag not releasing. If I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up the problem is resolved (at least until the next reboot).

Also, when I connect my DisplayLink monitor, all my desktop icons are rearranged. When I disconnect, they all go back to the way they were before.

The beta 3 version did clear up the problem of blank windows and pulldown menus.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
kroser

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1588 View Post
Computer 2.8 GHz MPB

With Beta 3 I'm still having problems with the drag not releasing. If I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up the problem is resolved (at least until the next reboot).

Also, when I connect my DisplayLink monitor, all my desktop icons are rearranged. When I disconnect, they all go back to the way they were before.

The beta 3 version did clear up the problem of blank windows and pulldown menus.
I'm trying to understand how prevalent the drop problem is. You say that once you go to standby and wake up it's okay until the next reboot. Does that mean if I never use standby and never reboot, I shouldn't see the problem?

This sounds like the problem occurs some time after reboot? True?
Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
cjmildenberg

Let me chime in a bit here -

I have had the logon screen issues with beta 2, which are now fixed in beta 3.

However, I use VMware Fusion, and have had lots of trouble clicking on windows and the task bar WiTHIN the VM. Everything on the OSX side is fine, but when I use the VM, I get all kinds of clicking trouble.

This trouble is actually whether I use the virtual machine on the display link usb monitor, or not.

All problems immediately go away when I uninstall the display link driver.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:54 AM   #4
bradhs

I'm using Parallels with no issues. The only thing I could ask for is hardware acceleration or whatever it takes to improver performance. It's so bad that I hardly use it right now.

My Mac is a Early-2011 MBP i7 Quad-core 2.3GHz with 8GB RAM
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #5
jcnetdev

I'm having this exact same issue. Every time I login to my computer (on beta3 driver), drag drop doesnt work anywhere. The only solution I know of is to do a fast user switch, then log out of that user and relogin to my current user.

Insanely annoying bug. Need a fix ASAP
Old 08-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
mrtidy

After installing 1.7 beta 3, I got the blank screen after rebooting for login and my USB keyboard stopped working. I can click around and see the password hint pop up and I can type my password to get in. I don't currently have my DisplayLink plugged in so maybe that is part of the problem but seems like I should be able to reboot and get the login page even if I don't have my DisplayLink plugged in.

I use the Kinesis advantage USB keyboard. The keyboard stopped working completely after installing the drivers and started working again after uninstalling. I rebooted multiple times and tried unplugging / plugging the keyboard. I didn't have trouble with the keyboard + displaylink drivers in pre-Lion versions.

I love my DisplayLink - looking forward to getting it working in Lion. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:37 PM   #7
scott1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroser View Post
I'm trying to understand how prevalent the drop problem is. You say that once you go to standby and wake up it's okay until the next reboot. Does that mean if I never use standby and never reboot, I shouldn't see the problem?

This sounds like the problem occurs some time after reboot? True?
The problem occurs as soon as the driver is installed. The solution is to put the computer to sleep and then wake it up. Once this is done, the problem does not recur until the next restart.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
luchuygen

Default Timer problems after installing beta 3

Although I was able to use my USB display with this version, I got several weird problems after installing the driver:
- screensaver kicked in at random times (just before the login screen even!)
- double-click issues with my Wacom Intuos
- Adium spammed "Friendly name changes too often" notices

Since I had the Adium source on my system, I spend some time to nail the problem and it turned out the Carbon Quartz events timer is seriously confused when the DisplayLink driver is active!

Adium uses:
CGEventSourceSecondsSinceLastEventType(kCGEventSou rceStateCombinedSessionState, kCGAnyInputEventType)

to check if the machine is idle. This function will return some absurd value (99883473848.59 or so) causing Adium to keep firing "Idle" status changes to MSN.

As soon as I uninstalled the Displaylink driver all problems were solved!
Still some work to do guys...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
philip

Default MBP 5,1 15" late 08 2.56gHz 8gb RAM

Only issue that I can still see atm is that iChat doesn't sign in automatically to my accounts (AIM, FB, and Gchat) and asks for my password. Putting my computer to sleep fixes this issue though I wonder what else it might be blocking and why.

Keep up the good work, this is definite progress!!!

currently on Lion using Beta 3
Old 08-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #10
philip

ok sorry for the double post,

noticed on my usb connected display that the mouse cursor will ghost onto the screen, sort of just stay there but I can still move my mouse around with the cursor intact (two cursors on screen, one doesn't move, sometimes is half there). notice it sort of happens if something finishes loading and pops itself in the foreground when it's done. Usually unzipping files and finder pops up with the unzipped file causes it. My computer specs posted above.

moving the screen around (mission control or launchpad) makes the ghost mouse cursor goes away.

can't open photoshop? alert box says "Could not initialize photoshop because of a program error" was working fine without displaylink beta3... will update post after uninstalling DisplayLink

Update, displayLink preventing PS to open, opens fine after uninstalling it, I have openGL turned on in PS, could this be the issue?

Last edited by philip; 08-08-2011 at 07:41 AM. Reason: more bugs.