Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
filipo01

Default Icon does not show on tray, display does not work

Cannot get the display to work, the icon does not show on tray, the green led on the device does not lite up, I have tried the drivers on the cd and the ones from the website ver 5.6. I am posting the support file log, Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip FF9QZD1_20110613_154311.zip (1.21 MB, 19 views)
File Type: zip FF9QZD1_20110612_233740.zip (937.6 KB, 2 views)
filipo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

The problem is that the device is not booting correctly. It is coming up as PID 0x8060.

I've added a sticky thread on this here: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
tbnews2

Default No icon, but process running

I followed the sticky, and I appreciate you posting it, but it did not solve my problem. Here's my issue:

This happened on both my Windows 7 and XP machines. The product worked normally for about a week. Then the taskbar icon disappeared and the display stopped working.

After multiple uninstalls and driver re-installations (via the StarTech CD, StarTech website, and DisplayLink website), I could not get the icon to reappear.

The two DisplayLink programs appear in the Control Panel Add/Remove program sections. DisplayLink exe files also appear in my running processes in the Task Manager: in 7 it's "DisplayLinkUserAgent.exe"; in XP "DisplayLinkManager.exe". They both also appear in the Services section and are both listed as "started".

The green light is on on the product box.

Here's the problem: on both computers, there is nothing in the Device Manager under "USB Display Adapters". There isn't even a "USB Display Adapters" section. There is a "Universal Serial Bus controllers" but that's obviously different. all my other USB devices work fine (thumb drives, mouse, etc.)

So I guess this sounds like a defective hardware issue? The weird part is that, when I plug the device fresh into a computer, the Windows USB driver thing does its recognition process, but the icon never appears. So it's seeing something from the device.
tbnews2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Wim

Yes, that does sound like defective hardware. I would suggest contacting the product vendor for a replacement.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #5
GManNAtl

Default Same Problem on several computers

This has happened to me on several computers over the past couple of weeks. Everything was working fine and all of a sudden they have been dropping like fly's. I haven't had much time to look into the ones that have been failing, but I just setup a new device from SIIG on a new Windows 7 machine today.

I looked at the above post and the software shows installed, the service is running, the DisplayLinkUI and DisplayLinkUserAgent are running processes, the device shows properly in the Device Manager, and the hardware ID is USB\VID_17E9&PID_02EE .

Still Nothing! The tray icon does not show, in the Win7 display properties there is no second monitor. This is a brand new Win7 installation with basically nothing but AV and Office installed. I am having roughly the same issue on at least 3 other XP machines now where the adapter had been working perfectly for at a minimum 2-3 weeks. I have attached everything in the Debug directory.

Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip Debug.zip (279.8 KB, 5 views)
GManNAtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
Dan
Banned

GManNatl: this appears to be a very different problem from the one tbnews was having.

Please try 6.0M1 and possibly 5.6M1 from our downloads page: http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php and let us know if you are having the same problem - that will help to narrow down what the issue is.

Also, the tool on http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 will provide us with more information.

thanks.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
mordiev

Unhappy The icon doesn't appear

I just bought this thing today.
I have verified: the Software is all installed, the Service is running, the processes are running in task manager and the device is in Device manager and doesn't show the 8606 code.

I still do not see an icon.

I install the same software onto another PC and plug in this same device and it works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ELLSA7E_20120313_152818.zip (923.0 KB, 4 views)
mordiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
MarkM

Question DisplayLink does not work under XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordiev View Post
I just bought this thing today.
I have verified: the Software is all installed, the Service is running, the processes are running in task manager and the device is in Device manager and doesn't show the 8606 code.

I still do not see an icon.

I install the same software onto another PC and plug in this same device and it works fine.
I am having a similar problem with XP only. Nothing works but the USB ports. Everything appears to be running but no joy. This is the Targus USB 3.0 Superspeed dock.

I have re-imaged the PC three times. Now I am starting re-image #4. I have also used two different PC models from two different manufacturers. This product evaluation is not going well. :-(

I have been working with Targus support but they are at a loss as well. It works under Win7 so it would not seem to be hardware.
MarkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
MarkM

Angry Hopeless on XP?

Ok I'm ready to shoot it.

I installed DisplayLink-5.6.31870.exe. I connected the dock and then I saw the devices detected this time. At this point I got an error that my device requires a newer version. I installed the latest version from the Targus website (which is newer than the driver posted here). Now the icon is gone from the tray as well as most of the associated devices in Device Manager.

I uninstalled Displaylink and rebooted. I then re-installed DisplayLink-5.6.31870.exe. Now I am back to square one. No tray icon and most of the devices are not listed.

Could this possibly be any more frustrating? No, this is not a feature request. :-)

Old 06-20-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
MarkM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
Could this possibly be any more frustrating?
Yes it can! I rebuilt the machine and performed the exact same steps and now it is not detected using version 5.6 either.

In my travels I came across a real manual for v5.6.

http://displaylinkmanuals.s3.amazona...rManual5.6.pdf