Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
disp

Default performance

I want to buy

Arkview USB-2011 USB to 2.0 DVI/HDMI/SVGA Display Adapter - 1920x1200, Female DVI/USB mini-B, DVI, VGA, HDMI (with displaylink software/chip)

to use on my old laptop to hook it up to my plasma TV. My laptop is AMD Sempron 1.6GHz with onboard ATI graphic adapter (not dedicated GPU). It was bought roughly 5 years ago.

I was wondering if the above adapter along with such a laptop could output 1080p and play dvd's on a TV (it can by itself on its native screen) or is there a minimum requirements for 1080p with using the above adapter.

Thanks you for your help.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Sian

With the current generation DisplayLink hardware and the fact that your laptop has a relatively low end CPU, this probably isn't the best application of the technology.

Video will play, however you will likely experience lower frame rates than is ideal to watch a movie. If you had a laptop with a recent CPU, especially a Core i5 or i7 then you would get a much better experience, although possibly not full frame rates at 1080p.

Sian