Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
MickM

Default Mouse turds on my screen :-)

I'm running 1.8a1 on my 17" MacBook Pro with 2 display link monitors connected. I keep seeing unwanted deposited images of the mouse pointer on the screen. For example, if I pause my typing of this very posting and move my mouse it leaves behind a persistent image of whatever the mouse was displaying itself as (an arrow or an I-beam typically). I can build up several of these on the screen and they clutter things up. It's easy to remove them - just scroll the window a bit and they all vanish. Now this effect doesn't occur all the time, but often enough to irritate me. Anybody else seen this, or is it already slated to be fixed in 1.8a2?
MickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

Which OS version? Which computer? How many screens? All applications?

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
MickM

I'm running 10.7.4 on a mid-2009 17" MacBook Pro. I have a Wacom DTU-1631 graphics tablet connected to the mini-displayport and one USB port, and two other monitors connected to the remaining two USB ports. Regarding ALL applications, I assume you mean what is running when I notice these graphic artifacts. Off the top of my head, I'm running all the latest versions of:
Mail, Safari, AddressBook, iCal, Notebook, SpellCatcherX, RealVNC Server, BetterTouchTool, PTHPasteBoard Pro.

I repeat that this issue is intermittent and I haven't yet figured out how to reliably make this happen...
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
MickM

This annoying issue never happened before 1.8a1 so I'm going to revert to 1.7. I'll try it for a few days and report back if this is still happening.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
MickM

So I'm convinced already - I do not see these mouse turds at all using the 1.7 driver (nor had I ever seen them with any of the earlier drivers either). I conclude there is something wrong with 1.8a1.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
MickM

It's been several days now and I've been running the old 1.7 version. I had previously mentioned that all the mouse turds were not to be seen under 1.7, but as of now I have seen two or three such single-event occurrences. All things considered, that's a very tiny fraction of the occurrences I'd seen under 1.8a1. I still feel confident saying that 1.8a1 is doing something bad to make these artifacts on the screen much more prevalent and I'd be interested in beta testing a new version that fixes this. I'm guessing that because I'm the only one reporting this it may be something to do with my hardware or software or the degree my laptop is busy when this occurs.
So here's an update as I've been typing this post. I'm re-indexing my hard drive via Spotlight so the computer is doing some heavy churning in the background. I've seen 3 more mouse images on the screen while typing this. Not sure what to say - hopefully the developers can use this information though.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
MickM

Is anybody else seeing these mouse pointer artifacts?? They're highly annoying...
Old 01-27-2016, 10:23 PM   #8
syserss

Unhappy Same issue 5 years later

I'm having occasional double text bar pointers on El Capitan and v2.5. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? It often will remain even when I move the pointer off of the text input area.

Zero problems if I disconnect the DisplayLink and just use the MacBook Pro monitor.
syserss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #9
alphadog00

Quote:
Originally Posted by syserss View Post
I'm having occasional double text bar pointers on El Capitan and v2.5. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? It often will remain even when I move the pointer off of the text input area.

Zero problems if I disconnect the DisplayLink and just use the MacBook Pro monitor.
I see this frequently as well
alphadog00 is offline   Reply With Quote