Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
FloridaMatt

Default Toshiba DynaDock vs Toshiba P875 (Intel USB)

Toshiba Dynadock U3.0 model PA3927U-1PRP, 7.4M0 drivers. Installs and works fine on a Win7 x86 desktop (usb2).

Toshiba P875-A7102 laptop, Intel 7 series C216 chipset, Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible host controller - 0100 (Microsoft). Windows 8 x64

After considerable effort, it's working but with problems. usb ports, network, video all operate as expected. But...

(1) if the dynadock is plugged in, and the laptop goes to sleep it immediately reawakens, and begins a cycle of going to sleep and reawakening every few seconds.

(2) Device Manager has a yellow-triangled Unknown USB Device (Link in Compliance Mode). When viewing by connection, it's directly under the xHCI (usb3) root hub.

(3) I keep getting messages about the last usb device connected has malfunctioned. I get these even if I disconnect the dynadock and reboot. Disabling or uninstalling the unknown device does not get rid of them either.

In googling about there seems to be a possibility that the Microsoft drivers for this particular intel chip aren't the same as ones from intel, but the intel website does not admit to there being any non-microsoft win8 drivers.

I've tried various combinations of changing USB selective suspend and allowing/disallowing the computer to turn off the xHCI (usb3) root hub. I've also tried using a usb2 cable instead of the one that came with the dynadock.

I'd appreciate suggestions for how to proceed from here.
FloridaMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you check if you have the latest hub firmware programmed?

Open up device manager, open up Universal Serial Bus controllers and right click on the entry called “Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub”.
Select “Properties”, select “Details”, change “Property” to “Hardware Ids” and the REV_xxxx value will tell you what version of firmware is programmed on the hub.

The Dynadock hub entry should be as follows:
USB\VID_2109&PID_0811&REV_xxxx

Let me know what revision is reported.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #3
FloridaMatt

Although I have only the one dynadock, device manager shows two generic superspeed hubs, both with revision 2397.

Both of them, and 2 of the 4 "generic USB hub" entries go away if I unplug the dynadock.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

I'd recommend upgrading to the latest hub firmware version for your dock which is v9.82 from here: http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...eeText=3286829

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
FloridaMatt

I'd seen that in the list of files but wasn't persistent enough to get it to work (after the unzip, it tries to run c:\program ) But this time I went ahead and unzipped the zip file that was inside the .exe, ran the installer it contained, and got the update done.

Didn't make any difference. items 2 and 3 from the original post are still there. item 1 is gone, but that's because I discovered the lan adapter was set to wake the computer without requiring a magic packet.

Curiously, having done all this the revision number has gone down to 2198...