Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.6 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
simplymuzik3

Default Problems with 2 Adapters (Never happened with 1)

I recently purchased another DL adapter (DL-195 chipset). I have a total of 3 monitors, and whenever I boot up, my mac "switches" the 2 displaylink monitors around. I have to go into System Prefs and always re-arrange them. It won't remember the "left DL monitor" and "right DL monitor" and they ALWAYS get mixed up when booting. This never used to happen when I only had 1 DL adapter. I think it's a problem of the 2 adapters somehow interfering with each other?
Old 05-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Che Dog

Default Happens here as well...

I have a different setup and always used 2 DL monitors -- Syncmaster 940UX -- with a Mac mini (10.6). Often when I upgrade the beta, most recently with 1.6 beta 2, this happens.

BUT, different then your situation, it eventiually stops happening, and stays okay ... until the next upgrade.

I have no idea what I do that corrects the problem, just keep moving things around in Preferences/Displays until, on the next boot, it's okay.