Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #1
Husar

Default DoubleSight DS-90UC & 10.5.8 - Help Please

I am trying to get a DoubleSight DS-90UC monitor working on OS X 10.5.8 on a Mac Mini (Intel). All I get is a black screen. I have tried both the 1.5 drivers and the 1.1.3b1 drivers. DoubleSight had the 1.1.3b1 as the default download on their website. I have run the DisplayLink Information app and attached the results.

DisplayLinkInformation.zip

Cheers,
Ed

Last edited by Husar; 11-28-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
Husar

Okay, I am making some progress. But I am not sure I really did anything. I have the monitor working kind of. After a few hours of trying to get something to show other than a black screen I gave up. I put the cover on the monitor and logged off. This morning I came back to it. I took the cover off the monitor and I have a background image. I logged in and behold it is working.

But things are not prefect. The problem now is the resolution setting on the monitor. This is what options I have in my display settings for the DoubleSight monitor.

The correct resolution for this monitor is 1024 x 600. I can't change it to that option. The only option is 1280 x 1024. So at 1280 x 1024 it is of course distorted and not usable.

The other issue is when I change the rotation it jacks up the display on the DoubleSight monitor. I have to log out and log back it for it to take effect. Very strange.

I have going to try the beta drivers now since I think I using the 1.1.3b1 drivers right now.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Husar

Okay, the black screen is fixable. After you installed the drivers and you restart you much log in. You will only have a black screen at this point. Now log out (not restart) and log back in and the monitor will show. This works for me every time with all of the drivers. Also, if you change the rotation the screen will become garbage. Just log out and then log back in and the rotation will take effect.

having to log off and back on has to be a bug in the drivers don't you think?

But the resolution available to me is still the wrong resolution. I need 1200 x 600 for things to display right. Why is this not an option in the settings for the monitor and the drivers?

If I can get the correct resolution then I am set!

Thanks.

Last edited by Husar; 11-28-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
Husar

Okay, I installed the latest 1.5 drivers. The only change for me was a new option in the resolution settings. See screen shot.

1280x960 is in the options but I cannot select it. Also that new option doesn't even show up in the display settings. It is only in the quick settings.

That is about all I have on this issue. I am looking forward to someone from DisplayLink responding.

Thanks.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 AM   #5
Ernie Enriquez

Wow, I am now exactly where you are. This, after weeks of black screen, multiple installs of drivers and restarts. We're not there yet...but much closer. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
Ernie Enriquez

The NEW driver here fixes the problem: http://www.doublesight.com/product/?idx=53

Glad I waited and did not return the display.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #7
Husar

All is good. Glad I kept the monitior. Loving it now! Thanks for replying. I would have missed this.