Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
John Knight

Default Monitor does not sleep - open up your source code?

I know this is a known issue, but the more people who complain about it, hopefully the higher up on the list of things to fix it will go. MacBook Unibody 17" driving 2 external monitors. 1 monitor is driven by the Apple DVI adapter, the second is driven by Kensington DisplayLink adapter. Monitor 1 is an Eizo FlexScan HD2442W. Monitor 2 is Eizo FlexScan S2410W. I read in at least one post that one of the driver developers responded saying this was a bug with the monitor. I seriously doubt that. Eizo monitors are the Rolls Royce of monitors - well except Eizo's are much more reliable than a Rolls Royce. Something is wonky with the drivers.

If you don't have time to fix it, would you please consider opening up your source code so people in the DisplayLink community could work on these issues? I know the mac is not your highest priority given its market share, so why do "partner" with the users to get these things working right? You could require non-disclosure agreements if you wanted, and retain the copyright if you wanted. I don't think anyone would complain about that. We just want the bugs fixed. Please consider the idea and talk with management about it.

Thanks.

Last edited by John Knight; 12-13-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Mistakenly saved message, but wasn't done.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
imoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Knight View Post
I know this is a known issue, but the more people
If you don't have time to fix it, would you please consider opening up your source code so people in the DisplayLink community could work on these issues?
Thanks.
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/