Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2016, 04:38 PM   #1
dgold182

Exclamation Displaylink stopped working, Windows 7

I have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop, and I have two StarTech USB to DVI displaylink adapters to two external 24" monitors. Sometimes I take my laptop away from my office, but when I plug my USB dock back in, my computer automatically recognizes all the devices including my external monitors.

I just came back from a short trip, and when I came back into my office, at first I plugged my dock into a different USB port than normal, and when my monitors were not detected I realized that and plugged it into my usual USB port, after which my monitors were still not detected.

Instead, a displaylink message came up, saying "installing displaylink software for the first time", and then after that is done, a Microsoft window comes up saying "You must restart your computer to apply these changes". After I restart, though, the displaylink messages comes up AGAIN, saying installing for the first time, and then the Microsoft message about needing to restart my computer comes up again, and this goes on and on, meanwhile my monitors are still not being detected.

I have tried many things, including unplugging/messing with cables and connections, resetting BIOs, disabling my graphics card, updating drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling Displaylink software, etc., and nothing seems to work and my monitors just remain blank, with no option to extend my display onto them. To make sure my monitors still worked, I tried a normal VGA connection, which works fine, but I need both monitors so I need the USB to DVIs to work.

I ran your support software, and attached is the resulting file.

Please help ASAP!!!!

Last edited by dgold182; 04-22-2016 at 11:20 PM.
dgold182 is offline   Reply With Quote