Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac 1.8 Release

Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
creamhackered

Default OS X 10.8.1 update out - anyone updated?

Hey everyone,

10.8.1 just dropped, anyone updated - does rotation break or any other crazy stuff?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
rspiess

Default Yep

Yea, I did but it did not fix anything. I did a fresh install, did the 10.8.1 update and then installed the Displaylink software. Same result. Login screen is blank, I can click around and get logged in as guest then change to a real user. Still getting lockups.

Totally not happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamhackered View Post
Hey everyone,

10.8.1 just dropped, anyone updated - does rotation break or any other crazy stuff?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
EricInCleveland

Unhappy 10.8.1 killed my DisplayLink...

Shoulda waited, I guess. I got an incompatibility warning ("DisplayLink: this version of DisplayLink is not compatible with this version of Mac OS X") after just now updating. (mid-2011 Mac Mini, DL driver 1.8). No signal to my USB monitor, fortunately I can live with the other two for the time being.

Last edited by EricInCleveland; 08-23-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
creamhackered

As usual, pathetic support from DisplayLink. I'd advise not to upgrade right now. Mine has stopped working properly. No screen right now
Old 08-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
LagaV

Default 1.8 driver runs fine with ML 10.8.1

I installed the 1.8 driver before upgrading to Moutain Lion. So far it's working fine with 10.8 and 10.8.1.

The issues I had with previous versions of the DisplayLink Driver, mainly display freezing with mouse pointer still active, are gone since the 1.8 driver was released.

LagaV
Old 08-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
bdboer

Exclamation DisplayLink doesn’t work with my Mac OS 10.8.1

Yesterday I upgraded from Mac OS 10.8 to 10.8.1. My Mac wouldn’t boot anymore afterwards (just kept showing the grey screen with the Apple on it). Tried al sorts of things to get it working again.

Starting up with Command-R and reinstalling Mac OS X did the trick: reinstalling took a few hours, but then my Mac booted again, and showed a dialog box telling me that DisplayLink was not compatible and had been moved to a separate folder. I already was using the 1.8 version of the DisplayLink driver.

I hope DisplayLink will come up with a solution shortly.