Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.4 Software Release

Old 08-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Default MIMO UM-710-S Standby and Flickering issue.

I'm having a standby / blank-ing problem with my MIMO UM-710-S. My system:

Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 motherboard
Intel i7-860S processor
8GB DDR3 Kingstom RAM
Intel 160GB G2 SSD
Western Digital 600GB VelociRaptor
LG SATA DVD Burner
ATI HD5770 PCIe video card
-> DVI: Dell G2410
-> DisplayPort: Dell U2410
-> HDMI: Panasonic 32" 1080P LCD TV

MIMO UM-710-S 7" USB LCD

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with all of the latest Windows Updates installed and the latest DisplayLink driver software for the MIMO monitor.

I've set my system to run the screensaver on all four displays after 5 minutes then put all the displays in standby mode / blank the displays after 10 minutes.

When I move my mouse or press a keyboard key to wake the system up, all the displays come back to life except for the MIMO. This happens a majority of the time I do something to bring the monitors out of standby. I have to unplug its USB cable then plug it back in to bring it back.

The MIMO also sometimes flickers. I see the flickering during the times that it does come out of standby mode.

Are there going to be fixes for these issues?

Update:
I've added two logs from the debug tool. Log was from running the debug tool when my MIMO monitor was running normally and Log2 is from running the debug tool when the MIMO monitor was stuck in standby.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log.zip (37.3 KB, 1028 views)
File Type: zip Log2.zip (31.8 KB, 1072 views)

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 08-27-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
IsLNdbOi

Does anyone from DisplayLink ever read their own forums?
Old 08-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
slamuel

Default Ditto - similar issues

Bump for similar problem.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
spartacus90210

I have a similar problem, but I just hit ctrl-alt-del to bring things back. That said, I think they do read the forums, it's just that this isn't a new problem.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
IsLNdbOi

If it's not a new problem, why haven't they fixed it yet?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #6
IsLNdbOi

I just tried ctrl+alt+del a number of times and it did not work for me. I still had to unplug then plug the MIMO back in.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
Wim

Further investigation has shown that the problem described in this post ONLy affects the Mimo 710 (old Mimo monitor that is no longer for sale) and NOT the 710S.

V5.5 release may solve the problems reported in this thread with the Mini monitors.

Quote:
We are aware of the problems with the Mimo UM-710 and Windows 7 and we have tried to fix this, however we cannot find a host software solution yet.

The problem is the Mimo monitor was manufactured a few years ago, long before Windows 7 was available. The firmware on the Mimo monitor was also one of our first releases.

When running the DisplayLink software on Windows 7, the timing interactions with the firmware change, which exposes bugs in the firmware of the Mimo. We can't change the host software on Windows 7 (we have tried a lot of different things to try and fix this in the software) but it still exposes the firmware bugs.

Unfortunately the firmware on these early devices cannot be upgraded in the field, which prevents this as an option to fix. This means we have to fix it in host software, but yet to come up with a way to do this.

This should only be a problem with Windows 7/MIMO UM-710, and does not affect any other product that we know of. The Mimo should also work fine under other OSes.

We will continue to try and fix this in a future release.

Last edited by Wim; 09-30-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi Guys

We are aware of the problems with the Mimo UM-710-S and Windows 7 and we have tried to fix this, however we cannot find a host software solution yet.

The problem is the Mimo monitor was manufactured a few years ago, long before Windows 7 was available. The firmware on the Mimo monitor was also one of our first releases.

When running the DisplayLink software on Windows 7, the timing interactions with the firmware change, which exposes bugs in the firmware of the Mimo. We can't change the host software on Windows 7 (we have tried a lot of different things to try and fix this in the software) but it still exposes the firmware bugs.

Unfortunately the firmware on these early devices cannot be upgraded in the field, which prevents this as an option to fix. This means we have to fix it in host software, but yet to come up with a way to do this.

This should only be a problem with Windows 7/MIMO UM-710-S, and does not affect any other product that we know of. The Mimo should also work fine under other OSes.

Thanks

Wim
I'll return the MIMO then. I'm now looking at the Doublesight DS-70U. If I get the Doublesight DS-70U will I experience ANY of the issues I'm experiencing with the MIMO UM-710S?

I was under the impression that all of these 7" USB LCD monitors used the same panel and firmware.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I'll return the MIMO then. I'm now looking at the Doublesight DS-70U. If I get the Doublesight DS-70U will I experience ANY of the issues I'm experiencing with the MIMO UM-710S?

I was under the impression that all of these 7" USB LCD monitors used the same panel and firmware.
Hi

The firmware would be different in each Minimon, as the firmware has to enable different features and video timings for each panel.

As I said before, the MIMO UM-710 and Windows 7 is the ONLY configuration where this problem is known to occur. Therefore the Doublesight monitor should not have this problem.

Wim

Last edited by Pawel; 10-28-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
pinky2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi Guys

We are aware of the problems with the Mimo UM-710-S and Windows 7 and we have tried to fix this, however we cannot find a host software solution yet.

This should only be a problem with Windows 7/MIMO UM-710-S, and does not affect any other product that we know of. The Mimo should also work fine under other OSes.

Thanks

Wim
Yes please, don't give up looking for a fix as many people are concerned by this huge problem with Mimo monitors.
Thank you.