Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
rodh257

Default WPF on windows 7, still not working?

I noticed these beta drivers said they added support for WPF on XP, is there any plans to fix WPF on windows 7 64 bit at all?

I've installed the drivers, and am trying to use Visual Studio 2010(you can get a free express version from microsoft if you want to test) which has a WPF interface, you can drag code windows to other monitors, but when I do so, and type, the text doesn't update on the screen until i move it to a non displaylink monitor.

I was excited when I saw the WPF support in the beta info, but I guess its for winxp only

ANy word on when it is going to work for Windows 7?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Wim

Hi

The problem with Visual Studio on Windows 7 is not related to WPF. WPF should work on Windows 7 with DisplayLink (and always has).

I suspect the issue you may be seeing is using Visual Studio in Windows Basic mode (no aero effects). Windows system updates can prevent our basic mode video implementation from working, and we need to update our drivers to make it work again. This happened during August 2010 (preventing video from working in basic mode and affecting Visual Studio in the way you describe).

We have made the necessary changes in v5.5 software release. Could you try downloading v5.5 software release from our website, rebooting and then trying again and see if you still have the problem?

Thanks

Wim
Old 10-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
shawkins

Thumbs down Java not displaying properly when in Windows 7 Basic mode

As the previous posts mention, some apps don't display properly when in Windows 7 64-bit Basic display mode, but DO when in Aero mode.

I'm running driver version 5.5.27797 and the problem still occurs.

Basically, if you open any Java program (even the Java Control panel in windows), and drag the window onto a DisplayLink connected screen, only the outline of the window is displayed, and some artifacts inside the window.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #4
icemanmelb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawkins View Post
As the previous posts mention, some apps don't display properly when in Windows 7 64-bit Basic display mode, but DO when in Aero mode.
I've found the same thing as well on a few of my trading software. I basically need to have Aero turned on for them to work. Otherwise, its just the wire frame of the window without any contents.

Please let me know if there is a fax coming. Happy to sell this unit if the usb 3.0 version is going to solve it.

Paul
Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
PBCliberal

Default Aero got turned off somehow...

Either from a real windows update or from a not-too-nasty virus that I acquired I believe by clicking on something masquerading as a windows update.

All of a sudden, Visual Studio went back to not refreshing correctly. Re-enabling an aero theme seems to have made Visual Studio start working correctly again.