Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 04:01 PM   #1
Siggi

Default 4K Video Performance Issue on macOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

D6000 and UD22 use the same DL-6950 chip, which give 2x 4K outputs at 60Hz, but the video is different on the DisplayPort Alternate-Mode. USB Power Delivery (Charging) and a few other things are improved on the UD22, but the D6000 has both headphone and line out.
So, it depends on features you want, really.

Thanks,
Alban
Hallo Alban,

Im currently using a Dell D6000 which apparently uses your newest chip, regardless being that old (?!). Yet im very unpleased by the performance. In my opinion, it's ridiculous to advertise this dock/ chip idk being capable of an output of 2x4k60. With only one monitor being connected to the dock and another to the Mac itself results in a pretty good image. But as you have pointed out, this stupid dock can't use DP alt mode unless a third monitor is connected. But adding another (redundant) cable which points to the same monitor won't solve my issue as DisplayLink can't handle two 4k monitors at 60Hz. Are the horrible lags using the dock with two monitors caused by the Mac, the dock or the DL chip? And would an upgrade to the absurdly expensive Dell UD22 solve my issue? I guess not because it uses the same ancient chip..
Siggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 02:00 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello Siggi,

First, thank you for sharing your feedback. It's unfortunate your experience has been negative, but telling us gives us the opportunity to fix it.
I understand that tech tends to push for artificial obsolescence, but it's not really a game we've been playing.
Age is irrelevant, and the docking station model you mention has had a huge success due to user satisfaction.

I discussed this post with the engineering director looking after our development for macOS.
We would like to investigate what you are experiencing, to see what is going wrong there.
However, to do so, we'd need some data from you.
We have a tool that gather logs on the app behaviour, along with errors. If you could look at the article and send these logs to the email, then my colleague Daniel can liaise with engineering. Don't hesitate to mention me/this URL in the email to Technical Enquiries.

Again, thank you,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote