Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 PM   #1
DeeFresh

Default Windows 10 kernal failure

After installing windows 10 and attempting to upgrade my displaylink drivers, the screen went black (with just the mouse cursor appearing) for about 4 minutes. After that, the screen in the attached image appeared.

I had to shut down and restart in safe mode, then restart normally and uninstall the drivers. I tried this twice with the same outcome each time.

I'm running a Dell XPS 13.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150730_132739.jpg (108.8 KB, 5 views)
DeeFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:15 AM   #2
techneutral

Default Similar issues on Dell XPS 13

I have similar issues to what the user above is seeing. I end up with a BSOD with the following error "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area (dlkmd.sys). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink Drivers on multiple occasions. I have an i7 with an itegrated intel HD5500 video card. I ran the support utility and have attached the results.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOTC-IN-L15B_20150730_195931.zip (1.11 MB, 5 views)
techneutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

Can you specify:
Which operating system did you upgrade from?
What version of DisplayLink software did you previously have installed?

Can you try these steps?

1. Disconnect your docking station
2. Uninstall DisplayLink software through the Control Panel
3. Run the Cleaner tool from here:
http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/533821
4. Install 7.9 M0 from here:
http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/downloads.php
5. Reconnect your docking station

@DeeFresh can you attach the output of this tool as soon as you get this issue? http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/533818

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
techneutral

Default 2015 Dell XPS 13 WIN 10 DisplayLink issues

Thank you James, I am coming from windows 8.1 professional. Unfortunately I do not know what version of display link software I was running previously. I do not remember having to go out and find drivers so I am assuming that the drivers were distributed via windows update, and I would have been running whatever was provided there. Unfortunately when I click the link that you provided for the cleanup tool I am getting a 404 error, saying page not found.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
JamesH

Hi,

Sorry - the cleaner tool link is http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...rticles/533818

James
Old 07-31-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
techneutral

Thanks James, that link appears to only point to the support tool to gather information. However I was able to find the cleaning tool from a different link. Unfortunately I still had the same results. I ran the data collection from the support utility again. I am unable to run the utility with the DisplayLink 4k plug and play adapter plugged in because my computer blue screens and gives the page fault error shortly after plugging the device in. Anyway here is an updated copy of the logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DOTC-IN-L15B_20150731_111122.zip (1.09 MB, 2 views)
Old 08-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #7
JamesH

Hi,

Thanks for this info.

Just to make sure I have got this right, please check if these steps are correct:

1. You had Windows 8.1 Professional installed
2. You upgraded to Windows 10 (with the Dell D3100 dock attached)
3. During the upgrade the DisplayLink driver was updated to 7.9 M0
4. After the Windows 10 upgrade completed, the screen went black (with just the mouse cursor appearing) and then you got the BSOD
5. The only way to not get the BSOD is to keep the Dell D3100 unplugged

Thanks,
James
Old 08-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #8
techneutral

Hey James, I wanted to provide an update, all of the above information appears to be correct except for bullet point 5. It appears that eventually windows gives up on installing the video drivers for the display link adapter. When it does not attempt to install the video portion it will let me have the device plugged in, and it will pass keyboard, mouse, and network.

So it appears that it is just the video portion of the device that is causing the issues.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #9
ChrisGonzo

Default Same Issue with DELL E7450

Hi,
I have the same issue on a E7450 with Intel 5500 Graphics card.
I made an Win10 update from the DELL Win7 factory image withouit having DisplayLink installed on the system.
During DisplayLink installation i connected the DisplayLink Adapter on request of the 7.9 driver software and got the BSOD "Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_area (dlkmd.sys)". After a restart the monitor connected with the DisplayLink Adapter stays black, Windows does not find the monitor even when the DisplayLink Adapter is connected with a green light.
Here is my support file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip PERTH_20150808_162533.zip (406.6 KB, 1 views)
ChrisGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:32 PM   #10
techneutral

Default Updates

Hey James, is there any update on this? I am still unable to use my DisplayLink adapter to output video.