Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #31
Phil.Baxter

ok, couldnt wait, had to try something, so I forked out and bought two BENQ GW2460 monitors.

It now all works without problems! So I guess it was either the age of the iiyama monitors, or the resolution I was trying drive them at (1600x1200 whereas the BENQ are both at 1920x1080).

I am now *almost* very happy, the only issues I see now are:-

1) the screen on the displayport connection (via DVI cable) has a slight tendency to go slightly dimmer then return to normal brightness. I can live with this, but, it would be good to know why.
2) occasionally (and I have just noticed this) when browsing it appears that the network connection "goes away" i.e. windows thinks it is connected, but, the browser (chrome in this case) thinks that there is no connection. I am not yet fully convinced this is the PR08, but I have yet to see this problem with the network connected directly to my laptop.
Phil.Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #32
Phil.Baxter

Talking

Getting better now, just updated the nvidia drivers to the latest beta (326.19) this seems to have corrected the issue of the displays hanging off the PR08 dimming and brigtening.

Not sure why the nvidia drivers would affect the PR08 (I thought the displaylink used its own drivers), perhaps someone from displaylink could enlighten me.

And for the last few days I havent had the network drop out on me either.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #33
Phil.Baxter

Default It's back...

ok, I just installed a load of updates from Microsoft update site and I now have the flashing screens problem back!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Graphics drivers as well as the DisplayLink software (both windows 8 and 8.1 rc) and still can't get rid of the flashing screens.

These Microsoft updates have basically created junk out of my two new screens.

I am aware that the flashing screen issue is an ongoing one, but, is there any resolution to this on the horizon?

I must say, when the DisplayLink stuff works its great, but, when for no apparent reason its stops working it is very frustrating.

Any idea which of the updates I/Microsoft installed could be causing this (the attachment lists the ones installed for me by windows this time).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg latestUpdates.jpg (28.1 KB, 3 views)