Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
dansa

Default Severe wireless performance problems on 2 laptops

Hi all,

I bought a Kensington USB3.0 docking station. It severely slows down wireless performance on my 2 laptops (one is a new Dell XPS 13 ultrabook, one is an older Lenovo X220) both running win7 64bit.

By slow I mean slow. Instead of downlod speeds of 50-100Mb that I have at home performance goes down to less than 1Mb sometimes stops completely.

I contacted Kensington support. I was shocked by their inadiquate response as I bought the product from them, not from Displaylink. I pasted their letter below.

I will be very happy if anybody here can help me fix this. I have the latest drivers from Displaylink, latest patches, latest BIOS, etc.

Thanks,
Dan

Dear Mr. XXXX

Thank you for contacting Kensington Technical Support.

The software that is appearantly causing the problem is not software from Kensington. We therefore advise you to contact the support of Displaylink.com.

Please Read This!

Kensington Technical Support incidents are only processed via our support web site, not via email. Please do NOT reply to this email, but rather you must click on the link below which will bring you to the Kensington Technical Support web portal where you can initiate questions, modify your active incidents, or perform maintenance on your support account.

Again, please do NOT respond to this incident via email, please click on the link below to access your support incident.

http://www.kensington.com/kensington...6/mystuff.aspx

Thank you for your interest in Kensington products.

Paul Koezen
dansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Wim

The DisplayLink software does nothing to affect the Wireless Ethernet on your laptop. However this can be an interference problem with USB 3.0 signals that is documented by Intel as a potential problem.

More information is available in this article:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=340

We'll follow up with Kensington on their support.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote