Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
liamarmitage

Default Windows 8 FLASHING Screen

Hi, I have using the M01061 Displaylink device with the latest V7 software for Windows 8. Upon plugging in the device, all I get is a rapid flashing screen and no other input available to use and no light on the device.

I previously had the device working on Windows 7. I did an inplace upgrade and the device worked until I upgraded to the latest version of the displaylink software. Thinking my OS install was corrupt, I reinstalled a fresh copy of Win8 and the problem is still occurring. I have tried everything, is anyone able to help?
I have attached support logs to this thread

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip TDUKPC13636A_20121030_102307.zip (741.7 KB, 5 views)
liamarmitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
liamarmitage

Default Anyone

Support staff..... are you there? This issue could effect over 300+ users in our business and requires input from you asap
liamarmitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Wim

This could be due to the NVIDIA drivers. Could you try downgrading the NVIDIA drivers, or disabling the NVIDIA GPU, so it is just using the Intel GPU and see if this solves the issue?

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
ftrydal

Default It worked!!! When are you going to fix it??

Hi,

I had the same problem, and rolling back the nvidia driver to a version released in june solved the problem. When are you going to support the new nvidia driver?

/Frode
ftrydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
ftrydal

Default And then it failed again

Hi,

Due to company policy, automatic updates have to be enabled, so after a while...windows updated the nvidia driver and the problem returned.
ftrydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Wim

NVIDIA released this just before we were releasing our Win 8 driver... so left us no time to fix it.

We hope to fix this in the next Windows 8 release later this month.

Wim
Old 11-23-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
seanvree

I too have this same problem. I'm using the docking station with my Dell XPS 14Z with Windows 8. I uninstalled all the NVidia software, and it started working for about half a day, but after I rebooted, the problem came back.

I'm wondering what version of the NVidia drivers are compatible?
seanvree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
trumaj

Default Managed to get it to work ... for now.

After playing around with various versions of the Nvidia drivers and the Display Link software, I managed to get everything working by using older versions of both, as follows:

- Nvidia - Verde 302.80 dated 15 Jun 2012 (available from Nvidia website)

- Display Link Software - version 6.3 M1 dated 1 Aug 2012 (available from displaylink.com)

I am running on a Dell XPS 17 laptop with Windows 8 Pro, and this configuration of drivers currently works for me. It may/may not for different hardware.

I have also disabled Windows Update for the time being, as each time it runs, it updates the Nvidia driver to the latest one, which doesn't play nicely with the current version of Display Link software.

Good luck!
trumaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Wim

The problem in this thread, caused by incompatibility with the latest NVIDIA driver on Windows 8, should be fixed in the latest release, v7.0 M3, which is now available from the DisplayLink website.

Wim
Old 11-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #10
hba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
The problem in this thread, caused by incompatibility with the latest NVIDIA driver on Windows 8, should be fixed in the latest release, v7.0 M3, which is now available from the DisplayLink website.

Wim
It's not!
This is very frustrating and I'm beginning to regret ever having bought a DisplayLink product :-(
Attached Files
File Type: zip ASUSN56VZ_20121123_183256.zip (376.9 KB, 6 views)
hba is offline   Reply With Quote