Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
SteinyD

Default Beta 2 Success

I've just fired up a new HP Pavilion tonight that I purchased more than a month ago (remodeled home office, didn't turn on until now). It came with Vista 64 Premium. The system has an Intel i7 920 CPU, 6 GB RAM, Nvidia GT250 card, Hauppauge TV tuner, etc. I have a pair of Dell 2408WFP monitors connected via DVI.

I first did an 'upgrade' (not new install) of Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate (RTM). After doing all OS updates, etc., mouse, keyboard and Nvidia drivers from manufacturer websites, I then installed 5.2b2 drivers (no previous displaylink drivers installed).

I then plugged in my Mimo 730 into a pair of USB ports on the side of one of the Dell monitors. The device was detected immdiately and ready for use. I checked the video card configuration and it showed me I now had 3 displays with the Mimo being display 3. My mouse very smoothly moved from monitor 1 -> 2 -> 3. Everything about the experience so far works as expected.

I just noticed one exception. I have the backgrounds set to change periodically. The backround just changed on all 3 monitors but noticed that the Live Messenger panel I have on the Mimo was now pixelated after the background change. I moved the cursor on top of it and the resolution resolved itself without further action.

David