Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
kgeyer

Default OSX 10.10.2 - Mac Goes To Lock Screen and restarts apps

I have OSX10.10.2 on a Mac Retina Pro. Every few hours, the screen locks and shuts down apps. I am forced to log back in and restart everything.

I have the Jan 13, 2015 v2.3 driver installed. This has been occurring since I got the new Mac Retina Pro about six months ago (so on previous OSX and driver versions).

Please help!!!!
kgeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM   #2
imercado

Agree that 2.3 driver is a causer of this issue. I actually thought it was Yosemite at first and went back to Mavericks, where 2.3 driver STILL caused this issue. So then I took Mavericks back to 2.2 driver and so far have not experienced the desktop crash back to login page (after several days of solid use).

MacBook Pro 8,3 (Early 2011). USB 2.0.
imercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #3
TheRiz

This happens to me when I hit F11 to Show Desktop - everything immediately breaks and the user login screen appears.
TheRiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
imercado

Yes. I noticed it was during periods of "high animation" that it would crash the display server and boot me back to the login screen. Such as right after sending an e-mail where the e-mail window swoops up to the top of the screen. Still running 2.2 on Mavericks rock solid and until this driver issue is resolved, have no intention to move to Yosemite (requiring driver version 2.3), even though Apple keeps nagging me to do so :-)
Old 02-13-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
imercado

Heh...well, my winning streak with 2.2 drivers on Mavericks came to an end this afternoon when I decided to invoke the wonderful OS X "Zoom Desktop" accessibility feature. So be advised that it is still possible to crash the 2.2 drivers, just much harder to do than it is to crash the 2.3 drivers. If you're reading this, you have been warned!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:19 PM   #6
itadmincrbc

Every single time I restart OSX or reconnect the dock I have to rearrange the monitors. How can something so simple not work. The bars at the top and the dock look terrible. Big white lines. You can't even read the text on the top of the screen menu bars. Congrats on an unusable product for over a year.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi All,

As you probably all know from our FAQ, the logout issues are due to the Window Server crashing when virtual screens are present.

Different systems show the issue with different triggers and an OS upgrade or driver reinstall can make the trigger conditions and frequency move. That's why sometimes the issue seems to appear or disappear with a minor OS update or a different DL (or somebody else's) driver update.

The last time this kind of widespread OS issues happened, in 10.8, Apple took 11 months to fix them and the DL driver has been maligned for the whole 11 months until it automagically started to work correctly after the fixes came out.
This time around the issues have been around for much longer: since 10.9.0, only to get worse in 10.10. By now we don't have much hopes for Apple to fix the issues so we've been researching workarounds for a long time.

The good news is that we're seeing some pretty good results that are in extensive testing. I cannot give any release dates but keep looking at the forum.

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote