Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 02-10-2015, 12:43 PM   #1
Blues Bird

Default Itunes refuses to display HDCP Content

Hi,

I am on a 2012 27"iMac. I have a second monitor connected via USB and Displaylink. When I was on Maverick everything ran fine.

After updating to Yosemite itunes refuses to play HDCp protected content even on the main iMac screen. Gives me an error message "Display is not authorized"...Installing the latest Display link drivers (2.3) hasn't helped.

When I was on Maverick I have watched the same movie on the main display without any problem.

When I disconnect the second monitor iTunes plays the movie without a problem.

Please help.

Is there at least a way to shut down the drivers until the next system start, so I don"t have to disconnect the second monitor very time I want to watch some itunes movies?

PS:and a another anoying thing is that OS X don"t keep my resolution setting in the monitor setup menu: after every system start it returns to the max. resolution...

Last edited by Blues Bird; 02-10-2015 at 01:30 PM.
Blues Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #2
Carlo
Mac Team

The protected content issue is a known issue. We have double and triple checked with Apple and this is expected behaviour.
We can either choose to have decent user experience and no HDCP content on ANY screen or terrible performance and screen corruption while HDCP content is available.
We chose the former option.

You could join us in filing a bug at bugreporter.apple.com because I can't see any reason why protected content should not be available for other screens.

On the bright side it should be enough to unplug the DL screen to see the movie and then replug when you're done.
We have a workaround coming for the layout persistence issue. Soon!

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 AM   #3
kohelet

Hi DisplayLink Community/Team,

I am posting in this topic because I feel my issue is similar to the one described here, but I think I have another helpful puzzle piece.

When my MacBook Air (10.10.2) is hooked up to my Etekcity USB 3.0 hub, OS X displays a gray screen when playing any protected content via Apple provided apps i.e. iTunes Movie/TV show purchases, and DVD’s played through DVD player get the gray screen treatment.

However, any video files not from iTunes (i.e DVD Rips) play in iTunes just fine. Also, an alternative DVD playing program (in my case, VLC) plays DVDs without issue.

The content protection issue extends to online services. Netflix fails to play; though Netflix does tie it to an HDCP issue.

Thus, the issue centers on how the DisplayLink Driver and OS X/QuickTime handle protected content and not iTunes specifically.
kohelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:14 AM   #4
Poly

Exclamation Bump!

Hello DisplayLink Team,

any update or progress on that issue?