Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
rhawk

Default I have the same issue

My hdmi monitor is almost not usable now. It worked perfectly under Windows 8.1. I updated to 10 and installed your new driver and one of the 2 external monitors has horrible text now.
I notice that the screen resolution screen will not show the monitor into on it either BUT advanced properties does show the monitor info right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CaptureRes.JPG (43.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg CaptureRes2.JPG (31.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by rhawk; 09-08-2015 at 02:51 PM.
rhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #12
rhawk

Default Resolved for me

I was reading other problems in the form and this particular message helped me a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike infinity View Post
Solved:

So after several hours of fiddling with wires and connections I found a solution:

1. Go to display properties in windows.
2. Go to advanced properties and select the display with the incorrect resolution
3. Go to display adapter properties and 'list all modes'
4. Manually select the correct resolution and click 'apply'.

For whatever reason the displaylink does not select the right mode when you select the resolution in the display setting panel...it scales the default mode. ....
This lead me to realize that the monitor was set to 50 Hertz refresh, but the display adapter to 60 Hertz. When I made them both 60 Hertz it greatly improved the display. I suggest the other two people on this message check the settings for that as well.

David
rhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #13
MoltenTesseract

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawk View Post
I was reading other problems in the form and this particular message helped me a lot...

This lead me to realize that the monitor was set to 50 Hertz refresh, but the display adapter to 60 Hertz. When I made them both 60 Hertz it greatly improved the display. I suggest the other two people on this message check the settings for that as well.

David
Thanks for the info, sadly I only have one setting for this resolution, 60Herts. And interestingly enough, my other identical monitor that is running a direct connection to my laptop is showing as 60Hertz. So I don't think this one is my issue.
MoltenTesseract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:29 AM   #14
MoltenTesseract

Any updates on my issue here?

I've been away for a month, have just installed the latest version of the drivers and still no change in quality on the USB monitor...
MoltenTesseract is offline   Reply With Quote