Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #61
PaulJ

Hi robertsondonte,

Unfortunately our latest 7.7 release for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 was accidentally made available for people running Windows 10 but only people using a Targus DisplayLink product - which you appear to be doing. This caused the USB driver to be 'updated' to 7.7 but the rest of the DisplayLink software package was left as 7.8 resulting in a non-functioning DisplayLink product as you see. If you are lucky you may be able to roll back this driver update and restore a working DisplayLink setup but then it's possible the 7.7 update will be reapplied. This update should not be visible to Windows 10 very soon but I don't believe that has happened just yet.

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #62
computerguru

With the latest driver (7.8.59999.0), none of my DisplayLink monitors work anymore. I currently just have one plugged in, it's recognized by Windows as another display, but is completely blank. Also running the latest AMD Catalyst Omega drivers (14.501.1003.0). The support tool zip in my other thread was ran against all 6 of my USB monitors, but demonstrates the same thing happening:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63614

[EDIT] I also ran the DisplayLink Cleanup tool and re-installed 7.8.59999.0 from Windows Updates...still the same issue [/EDIT]

How does one roll back a version of the driver on Windows 10? And how do we prevent the specific version of the driver from being installed as part of a later automatic update?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:10 AM   #63
agingnerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi robertsondonte,

Unfortunately our latest 7.7 release for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 was accidentally made available for people running Windows 10 but only people using a Targus DisplayLink product - which you appear to be doing. This caused the USB driver to be 'updated' to 7.7 but the rest of the DisplayLink software package was left as 7.8 resulting in a non-functioning DisplayLink product as you see. If you are lucky you may be able to roll back this driver update and restore a working DisplayLink setup but then it's possible the 7.7 update will be reapplied. This update should not be visible to Windows 10 very soon but I don't believe that has happened just yet.

Thanks,
Paul
Do you have any further information on the roll back. I tried that and I felt as though I ran into a very similar issue where it rolled back up to the newest driver when I plugged it in. I have not tried unplugging from the network rolling back and then plugging in. Have you been able to replicate the roll back working?
Old 03-03-2015, 06:44 AM   #64
Kubam

Hello All,
Issue with wrong driver version on Windows Update for Win10 should be fixed now.
If you have 7.7.Mx DisplayLink driver downloaded from Windows Update I recommend to uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297 and then download again driver from Windows Update.
Please let us know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 PM   #65
robertsondonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
Hi robertsondonte,

Thanks,
Paul
PaulJ - This is exactly my experience. I have used the uninstaller provided from your support site, it keeps updating me to 7.7. Do we have a proven process that will work? Due to this problem, my USB ASUS monitor no longer works as well. I am monitor less.

:'-(

I have completed multiple rollbacks. Including rolling back my Intel and NVidia drivers. Are there any logs local to the system (DisplayLink) that I can use for troubleshooting? Do I need to go into the registry and enable this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"I will not give up on DisplayLink, if they do not give up on me!"
Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #66
PaulJ

Hi robertsondonte,

The issue you were seeing should be resolved by uninstalling and letting the latest software on Windows Update be installed. Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) and attach the results so we can try and see what's happening?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #67
robertsondonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguru View Post
With the latest driver (7.8.59999.0), none of my DisplayLink monitors work anymore. I currently just have one plugged in, it's recognized by Windows as another display, but is completely blank. Also running the latest AMD Catalyst Omega drivers (14.501.1003.0). The support tool zip in my other thread was ran against all 6 of my USB monitors, but demonstrates the same thing happening:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63614

[EDIT] I also ran the DisplayLink Cleanup tool and re-installed 7.8.59999.0 from Windows Updates...still the same issue [/EDIT]

How does one roll back a version of the driver on Windows 10? And how do we prevent the specific version of the driver from being installed as part of a later automatic update?
I have to agree with you here. How can we prevent drivers from updating? My previous driver on this build worked perfect. Since the update, I have been unable to use any DisplayLink monitors.

To answer your question, you can rollback drivers by going to the device manager. Right click the driver and open its properties. I believe the second tab will give you the ability to rollback or uninstall a driver.

If we could have the download to the beta driver, I am sure we could uninstall the driver and install the appropriate driver. Please help DisplayLink!!

UPDATE: After reading the thread and seeing there was an update (7.8.59999.0) that I did not try, I have provided my steps to make this work. Do you mind trying it to let us know if it works? We may have to do other troubleshooting.

Last edited by robertsondonte; 03-05-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Not relavant
Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #68
robertsondonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Hello All,
Issue with wrong driver version on Windows Update for Win10 should be fixed now.
If you have 7.7.Mx DisplayLink driver downloaded from Windows Update I recommend to uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297 and then download again driver from Windows Update.
Please let us know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Kuba

THIS DID WORK FOR ME!!! Make sure your remove the DisplayLink hardware before starting. Here is the exact process I followed:

1. Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features
2. Select software with the name 'DisplayLink' and uninstall
3. Restart your computer once they all are uninstalled
4. Go here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=121
5. Download the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner by selecting Agree
6. Extract the zip file, right-click the EndUserCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator
7. Select Yes when the pop-up appears
8. Hit Enter to start the process. Hit Enter only once. It will inform you that it completed then you can hit Enter to exit the program. If the window disappears without telling you it completed, run the file again. Remember to hit Enter only once when it is needed.
9. Restart your computer and connect your DisplayLink device
10. Open Settings and select Update & Recovery
11. Select Check for updates
12. You should see the DisplayLink driver update appear
13. Unlike other driver updates, a terms and conditions will appear, select Agree
14. Restart your computer when done

You can verify you have the correct driver in your device manager. The version that resolve my issue is 7.8.59999.0.

NOW I HAVE MY THREE MONITORS BACK!! I have not tested my USB monitor but I am hoping that will work. If not, I will let you know. If this does not work for someone, please let us know.

THANK YOU DISPLAYLINK!!

Last edited by robertsondonte; 03-05-2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Addition information and typo
Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #69
robertsondonte

PaulJ - I am good to go. Check my previous post for more information of what I did.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #70
Denis Olivier

Default Latest DL drivers on W10 / Update

Hi all,

did all what you said (deleting, rebooting, cleaning adm mode, reboot, plug cable, and run w10 update), redid it 3 times, I always received the older drivers.

Attached SUpport tool files.

Just if it can help, all was fine until this morning when I did w10 update that proposed me news DL drivers, then after all went wrong.

If you need more information, just ask.

Have a great day.

EDIT: I suppress directly the display driver via the drivers manager, right click, uninstall. Then reboot. Asked WU to perform a check. The version wasn't the good one. Did a rollback at the same place, it seems to be good. Reboot. Bad. And finally WU again, reboot and good. What to learn for me is that it's quite unstable for now for everyone, need to be some kind of geek/sysop to succeed. I'm sure it will be better in the future, good luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip MBP-DO_20150310_122741.zip (938.3 KB, 1161 views)

Last edited by Denis Olivier; 03-10-2015 at 01:53 PM. Reason: New information