Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
mrromo

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Installed Catalyst 10.9 and Displaylink 5.5 beta today and haven't had any issues yet.
Nope. Does not work. However, no blue screen... but i get a win7 message saying "the driver you have installed for display link is not compatible with your video card manufacturer, Please go to displaylink to see if a compatible driver is available"
Old 09-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #12
IsLNdbOi

Sorry, it's not working for you. I'm using Catalyst 10.9 w/ DisplayLink 5.5 and haven't had ANY issues aside from the ever present standby problem which I've "fixed" by using a USB cable w/ built in in-line on/off switch w/ my Doublesight monitor.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #13
mrromo

I take that back... after a reboot I AM getting a bsod

and yep im on 10.9 + 5.5b. This is failed on my old HD, and fails on a fresh install of win7x64 ultimate.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
IsLNdbOi

Uninstall both the Catalyst and DisplayLink drivers. Once they're uninstalled, manually go into the Program Files (x86 and x64) to make sure all ATI and DisplayLink folders are deleted. Go into your user profile's folder (in 7 Ultimate x64 it's in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData) and delete any ATI and DisplayLink folder(s) you see in the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming folders.

After all that, reboot and install Catalyst first, reboot then install DisplayLink.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #15
mrromo

Not to point out the obvious but a fresh install of win7 follows your procedure.
However, in the hopes maybe there was something that was fouled up i did exactly as you posted. During the displaylink install I received the same BSOD. So again, no it doesnt work. Not on a fresh install, not on a reinstall. The same BSOD every time. 10.9, 10.8 just do not work with displaylink and win7x64. 10.7 is the last known ATI/AMD drivers that work with displaylink.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #16
IsLNdbOi

For you maybe. Obviously, it's working for others as I've mentioned several times already that I'm using 10.9 and 5.5 w/o any problems.

I'm running on a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate x64 as well. All I had to do was install my chipset drivers, all available Windows updates then Catalyst 10.9 followed by DisplayLink 5.5.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #17
mrromo

1: thanks for attempting to help

2: what others? ive read every thread on this forum and you are the only one ive seen stating your fix works.

3: repeating yourself isnt helping

4: ive tested this with 3 machines now, all ati w/various cards, chipsets & cpu's none will work with any of the drivers found on displaylinks site including the betas.

5: i wish i was using nvidia
Old 09-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #18
IsLNdbOi

You know that the majority of people posting on forums are the ones having problems right? Most people aren't having issues w/ their ATI & DisplayLink combo.

There's certain hardware / software combinations that will cause problems. With my combination of hardware and software, 10.9 and 5.5 work together w/o issues. I'm sorry it doesn't work for you.

ATI and DisplayLink should get together to fix issues and conflicts b/w their drivers and software.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #19
mrromo

Most? Everyone on this forum, and on AMD/ATI forums are saying the same thing: 10.7 works and anything newer does not. Except for you.

Troll much?
Old 09-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #20
IsLNdbOi

Wait, you're calling me a troll because I'm telling you that 10.9 and 5.5 work together just fine on my system?

Can you please give me links to these forums and the specific threads where people are saying than anything newer than 10.7 does not work?