Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Pawel

Default 'Fit to TV' functionality for HDMI TVs feedback

Dear forum users,

We would welcome any feedback you have about 'Fit to TV' functionality for HDMI TVs (one of the 5.5b Software's new features). Please post your feedback here.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
mb300sd

Would it be possible to allow single-pixel size adjustments and vertical/horizontal position adjustments? I can't get it to fit to my TV properly.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Wim

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb300sd View Post
Would it be possible to allow single-pixel size adjustments and vertical/horizontal position adjustments? I can't get it to fit to my TV properly.
Thank you for the feedback. The idea of the feature was to be able to fit the image on the TV screen with minimal configuration. Every TV has a different amount of overscan compensation. Setting per-pixel would take a lot of clicking to get the image to fit. Therefore we have cut it down to change by larger steps. There would be some black screen around the image, but at least you can see the desktop.

I'm confused by the vertical/horizontal position adjustments, as this should be implemented in the beta. What do you mean by the fact you cannot change vertical/horizontal position?

Thanks

Wim
Old 09-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
mb300sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

Thank you for the feedback. The idea of the feature was to be able to fit the image on the TV screen with minimal configuration. Every TV has a different amount of overscan compensation. Setting per-pixel would take a lot of clicking to get the image to fit. Therefore we have cut it down to change by larger steps. There would be some black screen around the image, but at least you can see the desktop.

I'm confused by the vertical/horizontal position adjustments, as this should be implemented in the beta. What do you mean by the fact you cannot change vertical/horizontal position?

Thanks

Wim
I am not seeing where I can adjust the position. As of right now, I have a larger black bar on one side than the other. The difference is large enough that I could increase the size by 1 step, if I could shift the screen to the left.

Might I also suggest keeping the current adjustment, but adding a fine-adjustment, as maybe a crtl/shift+click of the button, that would adjust it by a single pixel. That way it wouldn't take more than a few clicks to get a perfect fit.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
intasia

Cool Fit to tv not working HP dv9000 w/Windows 7 pro 32bit

I am unable to get fit to tv to work at all. I am using windows 7 pro 32bit. I updated the drivers to 5.4 before installing the 5.5 beta. I can see the controller and it runs and allows me to adjust to the size I want but when I hit apply nothing happens. Fit to tv acts like it is doing something but nothing happens. I am plugged into a 50" Toshiba DLP. Also for some reason windows 7 will not let me adjust the resolution it is ghosted out and stuck at 1280 X 720 (recommended)

any Ideas?!?!?!?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Pawel

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. Could you please download the Windows DisplayLink debug tool from the website below, then gather the system information and upload the zip file. This would give us more information as to what is wrong.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
YtENStLmo2n5

I have a toshiba DLP 50 inch. I tried the Fit to TV option, but the picture is not within the TV display. It looses about an inch on all size. It would be impossible to access the menus on a maximized program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel View Post
Dear forum users,

We would welcome any feedback you have about 'Fit to TV' functionality for HDMI TVs (one of the 5.5b Software's new features). Please post your feedback here.