Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
trotunda

No, it isn't a hardware issue. It works on my Windows machine just fine. I have gleaned my drive and anything related to VMWare and VirtualBox has been removed. Still I have the problem. I install the driver, reboot and plug in the adaptor. The third monitor comes on and then goes out.

The attached file has snippets from three different logs.

Tim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.rtf.zip (1.9 KB, 578 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #22
johndscotland

Please can we be told when the next beta will be available.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #23
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotunda View Post
No, it isn't a hardware issue. It works on my Windows machine just fine. I have gleaned my drive and anything related to VMWare and VirtualBox has been removed. Still I have the problem. I install the driver, reboot and plug in the adaptor. The third monitor comes on and then goes out.

The attached file has snippets from three different logs.

Tim
Thanks Tim for you report and the new logs.
Ok we can exclude any hardware issue on the DisplayLink adapter and we can exclude any particular software compatibility issue with your particular setup.
We need concentrate our investigation on the USB software layer and the interaction with our driver.
Just to be sure, if you happen to have a powered USB hub, could you please connect the DL device to it in order to exclude any USB power issue?
Thanks for your patience.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #24
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndscotland View Post
Please can we be told when the next beta will be available.
Unfortunately we don't have a release date yet, but we're planning to release a new beta as soon as we'll have important fixes.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #25
trotunda

Thanks Christian. I have tried this thing with many different configurations, including the UV+ being the only thing plugged into USB (that I control anyway). I get the same results anyway it is set up.

The last time I ran it, when I plugged the UV+ in, the monitor came on and stayed on until I touched the mouse, then it cycled on and off until I unplugged it. Something isn't playing nice with the USB bus.

If you build a driver with debug, I am happy to run it with dev tools and return the logs.

Tim
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #26
trotunda

Default Problem Resolved!

So I am trying to figure this out and I am running Instruments and USB Prober and looking at sys logs and I am looking at the funky windup cable that came with my UV+, when I think, no way. So I unplug the cable I had my UV+ connected to my Mac with and swap in the weird cable that came with the UV+ and all the sudden I had my display. I move the mouse, all ok. I plugged in my external usb hub with everything else plugged into it and all ok.

I rebooted and when the system came back up, poof, I have three fully functional monitors. I don't know what they put in that weirdass cable, but if I was having problems with my UV+, I would go back to using it.

Tim
Old 08-15-2011, 09:50 AM   #27
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotunda View Post
So I am trying to figure this out and I am running Instruments and USB Prober and looking at sys logs and I am looking at the funky windup cable that came with my UV+, when I think, no way. So I unplug the cable I had my UV+ connected to my Mac with and swap in the weird cable that came with the UV+ and all the sudden I had my display. I move the mouse, all ok. I plugged in my external usb hub with everything else plugged into it and all ok.

I rebooted and when the system came back up, poof, I have three fully functional monitors. I don't know what they put in that weirdass cable, but if I was having problems with my UV+, I would go back to using it.

Tim
Good news Tim, I'm not aware of any special cable that come with the UV+, but I'm glad to hear that your setup works.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
trotunda

Yes, my UV+ came with a weird little retractable USB cable. When I plugged it into the UV+ instead of the one I had been using (which didn't come with it) the thing jsut started working. When I switch back, it stops working. Maybe a bad USB cable, but it works for other USB devices.

Tim