Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #1
shimms

Default Infinite login loop

Installed 1.7 beta with 10.7 developer preview 4. The machine boots and displays all three monitors (one directly connected to the displayport, two via displaylink devices via a USB hub).

When I enter the password the screen fades to white and then displays the login prompt again. An incorrect password shakes the password field, and doesn't fade to white.

This repeats without being able to successfully log in. Prior to installing the drivers Lion was working as expected.

13" Macbook Pro, late 2009 model.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
jbarrow

You're on developer preview 4, I take it?

The Window Server is crashing, causing the login window to restart.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #3
jbarrow

Sorry, I didn't read your message well.

I was having the same issue with the driver yesterday with DP 3, but it presented itself differently. The issues yesterday was getting stuck on a blue screen.

I'm almost certain that this is the same issue as my previous thread. I haven't had time to test it to the extent that I did yesterday though.

Here's hoping they get this driver issue sorted out. What they released doesn't seem to work for anyone...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #4
danielbyon

I have the same problem.

Running OS X 10.7b4 on a 4,1 (Early 2008) MacBook Pro. I got the same infinite loop, now I'm restoring my system from time machine.

Does anyone know when this will be fixed? I just bought this adapter yesterday, and now it won't work lol
Old 06-08-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
jaehess

I have the same problem. I just tried on Lion and get the infinite login. I too just bought 2 of these units, and I can't get them to work on Lion, as well as getting them to work with 10.6, so until Lion support, I have wasted money I guess.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
shimms

They work perfectly for me with the 1.6 drivers on Snow Leopard (running two attached to the MBP for three monitors).

If you're having issues with them under 10.6 I'm sure someone will support you. As for 10.7 support given it is only in developer preview status I'm not surprised it doesn't work 100%, nor do I expected DisplayLink to provide 100% working drivers before the OS has been finalised.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 AM   #7
jaehess

I was able to fix the login issue in Lion without reformatting or restoring from Time Machine by booting into Safe Mode (Hold Shift while booting). After booting into Safe mode, I was able to uninstall the beta driver and booting was restored to normal.

I will check elsewhere for help on 10.6

Cheers!
Old 06-08-2011, 05:57 AM   #8
shimms

Sorry - I might have mis-read your message.

Did you mean that the 1.7 beta drivers don't work for you on 10.6 either? Or that the 1.6 stable drivers don't work on 10.6?
Old 06-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
Wim

Hi All

We have managed to reproduce the issue you are seeing on the Mac 10.7 beta, so we can now analyse is and try and come up with a fix. We'll let you know when we have an update.

Thanks

Wim
Old 06-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #10
kentvillard

Default Wow - that's a big one to let out

Yes, I know this is a beta driver and yes I know Lion is a Dev preview - but throwing a computer into a login loop is a pretty big one to let slip through - I've installed these drivers on three different systems with Dev Preview 3 & 4 - (Macbook Pro, Macbook, iMac, Mac Pro) and all presented the login loop

I'm looking forward to the fix -