Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release

Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
jmboily

Default What kind of company is DisplayLink?

Customer service is the key point in getting the fidelity of your customers. This was the first time I bought DisplayLink adapters and this is certainly the last. Having known beforehand that customer service coming from DisplayLink representatives would have been so bad or even nonexistent I would have preferred keeping only 1 external monitor running on my MacBook Pro.

OS X Mavericks DPs have been available since mid-june. You have released only one beta version of your driver in early september, since then no word from any ember of the DisplayLink staff on this forum.

Fortunately for you, you don't sell directly to customers therefore you don't have any business relations with any of the disappointed users on here. The sad thing in all of this is that the retailers selling your products must also loose customers in all of this because it's to them we give our money to receive a product that becomes 'unsupported' a few months after purchase. I invested in buying two DisplayLink adapters and two DELL screens to run on my MacBook Pro and now I have to make the choice of being stuck with an out of date OS that will soon be deemed obsolete by software developers or with 400$+ worth of computer equipment I won't be able to use.

All this because of bad decisions you made such as delaying the release of a first beta because of an unsigned kext file which was not required to be signed on OS X 10.8 or 10.9DP.

I am disappointed.
jmboily is offline   Reply With Quote