Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.2 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Ze'ev Ionis

Default Issues with RC

I've installed the RC on my ASUS R1F running Windows 7 RTM using Kensington Dock, and I've experienced two issues - one consistently.
1) Consistently, when I plug my Tablet into the dock, and use Displaylink software, the first time it works. Then I switch my KVM to another computer, and when I return to the Tablet, the screen will not work. Although the display link services (DisplayLinkManager) show as running, I must restart them. Once I do that, the software works fine.
2) Just once or twice I have noticed that the text on the DisplayLink controlled monitor looked like the letters were vibrating - but if I would hover the cursor over a line that line would look really sharp.

I did not have these issues with the previous (b2) release.

Thanks!

Ze'ev
Old 10-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Martin

Thanks Ze'ev.

For the KVM issue, could you reproduce it and then copy the DisplayLink log files, zip them and post them up here. They can be found at c:\program files\displaylink core software\debug\ . I will take a look at them as soon as possible. I will also need to know the graphics adapter (in case the logs miss it) and the graphics driver version.

For the 'vibrating' text issue, do you know if you have turned on Optimise for video in the DL gui (in the system tray)? Also, were you doing anything particulary intensive on the screen before it happened?

Best regards,
Martin
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
Ze'ev Ionis

Wish you had asked me when I posted! The problems have (mostly) gone away - even though they were very consistent! The 'vibrating' is much better, and the switch back and forth now works - I do not have to restart the display link drivers (which I had to do for the entire first Week!!). I do not know what has changed - Windows 7 updates from Microsoft, perhaps? I install all patches from MS, so that might have done something!