Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Halibut

Default Black Screens on Surface Pro 3

I have been fighting this issue for a while now and I'm at wits end. I have 11 Surface Pro 3's and 1 Surface Pro 2 all with StarTech Dual DisplayLink adapters. They have all been working fine until recently when two of the Pro 3's now have the black screen issues. All monitors are Dell ~23". I have researched this issue to death but have found no solutions. There is a thread on this forum that discusses this issue with Surface devices (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63140), but I wanted to get my Support Logs posted separately.

Things I have tried:
- Uninstalling drivers, running the cleaner utility, re-installing latest drivers.
- Uninstalling drivers, running the cleaner utility, rolling back to 7.6 M2.
- Myriad other combinations; booting without device, booting with device but no monitor attached, etc.
- Purchased a different DisplayLink adapter, Lenovo AN9017D1. Same issue.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Support Logs attached:
Attached Files
File Type: zip DTYLER3-PC_20141028_095447.zip (864.9 KB, 0 views)
Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
Halibut

Default Black Screens on Surface Pro 3

I have been fighting an issue for a while now. I have 11 Surface Pro 3's and 1 Surface Pro 2. All have are using StarTech dual DisplayLink graphics adapters. Everything has been working fine up a week, or so, ago when two started giving blank screens on the external displays. All monitors are Dell ~23" monitors. I have researched this to death, and am no closer to a solution. There currently is a thread about this issue on Surface devices (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63140), but I wanted to get my Support Logs posted here separately.

Things I have tried:
- Uninstall drivers, run cleaner utility, reinstall latest drivers.
- Uninstall drivers, run cleaner utility, install 7.6 M2 drivers.
- Various fiddly bits; boot with no adapter attached. Boot with adapter, but no monitor attached. Etc.
- Purchased a different DisplayLink adapter, a Lenovo AN9017D1. No change.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DTYLER3-PC_20141028_095447.zip (864.9 KB, 0 views)
Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #3
BLuebke

Default Same problem

I am having the same problem. Worked for a few weeks, now all of sudden the screen is active and black. It is going to be hard to roll this device out all of our marketing people if I can't get this to work properly and dependably. Did you find the solution?
BLuebke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
JP2015

The solution posted by Bernie from Plugable worked great for me, here is his post: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=76120

I would surmise that even if you use a different manufacture's dock (but it's still based on the DisplayLink chipset) then upgrading the base video card driver (IntelHD Graphics Family for the Surface) would still be the solution.
JP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
bernie

Default Solutions

There are some positive reports of solutions in this thread:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/sho...t=63140&page=2

Thanks!
Bernie
bernie is offline   Reply With Quote