Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Sash

Default 1.7 Beta 3 fine on MacMini i5

Hi,

the latest beta 3 works fine on my MacMini i5! I use 3 monitors.
1x Thunderbolt (Mini Display Port - to - DVI)
1x HDMI to DVI (included in the MacMini package)
1x IOGear USB TO DVI 1080p Link: http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC2020DW6/

Thank you DisplayLink

Everything works fine! Start, Restart, Sleep :P great!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
EricB

Default Well, sort of...it's very "jerky" compared to Windows

I bought my first DL adapter a couple months ago for my late 2007 MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard (6GB RAM) in order to use two external monitors (one DVI, one DisplayLink). It worked okay, but I noticed the movement was a little "jerky". Acceptable, but definitely noticeable.

I then switched it to a fairly low-powered HP Slimline Windows 7 desktop machine (6GB) and it worked beautifully-- not jittery at all-- on my three-monitor setup.

I just bought a brand new Mac Mini i5 and am now using the DL adapter on it with three monitors. I installed the latest Lion beta driver yesterday, but I still notice the "jerky" performance, which is very noticeable when compared to the PC.

If I had not used it on the PC I might not have noticed the difference. Note that I'm not being picky-- it really is worse. Out of curiosity, I hooked it up to my wife's six year old Windows desktop and it also worked great-- no jitter at all. It seems to be only a problem with Macs.

Hope DL can address this issue and is not content to let the Mac driver be sub-par. I would not purchase another DL adapter until it's fixed.

BTW, when I say "jerky" I mean that, for example, moving a window around the DL-connected monitor is not visually smooth.