Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
mb300sd

Default HOWTO: Fit to TV - EXACTLY - get rid of irritating black bars

Installing the 5.6 update wiped out my exact fit settings that I made through the registry before, so I thought I'd document how to this time.

I found this registry hack myself and I doubt it is supported by DisplayLink. So back up your registry before making any changes because you're on your own if anything breaks.

First, use the DisplayLink software to fit to TV, it doesn't matter if its too big or small, you just want it to create the registry keys.

Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DisplayLink\NivoSettin gs\Overscan\compensation\AdjustedDisplayMode

There should be a value called AdjustedMode, edit it to the exact pixel size of your screen. It MUST be an even number.

Unplug your device and reboot. When you plug it in after restarting, it may set itself to a resolution not compatible with your TV. Open the windows screen resolution tool and your new custom resolution should be in the list, select it and enjoy.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Wim

You can also do it by holding down the CTRL key and clicking "+" and "-" buttons. This is in the FAQ for Fit to TV on our website.

Wim