Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2017, 08:30 AM   #31
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by seastwood View Post
Hello all,

I've been having problems with a DisplayLink screen dropping in and out every minute or so, as I reported somewhere above. (And logged with support.)

However, I might have made an unexpected breakthrough.

The dock, a Targus ACP77EUZ has DVI and DisplayPort video connections. We have all been connected by DVI since day one, but a colleague found me a DP cable to try.

I'm very happy to report that one hour in, everything is absolutely rock solid.

This is a MBP on Sierra 10.12.1, with 3.0b2 drivers.

Simon
Thank you Simon,

This is really useful information.
On Monday we'll try your same configuration with DVI connection. Are you all using those Philips 258B6QJEB monitors or are there any others we can try?

Regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #32
seastwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Thank you Simon,

This is really useful information.
On Monday we'll try your same configuration with DVI connection. Are you all using those Philips 258B6QJEB monitors or are there any others we can try?

Regards,
Carlo

Hi Carlo,

We're all using the same monitors. Some of our users do use a different config with mirroring and their laptop closed, but the hardware is consistent: MBP - Targus - Philips.

Thanks very much,
Simon
seastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #33
drbokko

Default My feedback

I've MBA early 2014 i7/1.7GHz on 10.12.2 + DELL D3100 w/ DL driver 3.0 b2 (just one monitor connected on the HDMI with full HD resolution)

I tried different combinations:
DL 3.0b2 + OS 10.11.6, 10.12.2

The DisplayLinkManager goes crazy every second day and uses >100-110% of the CPU, event with no windows or application running on that desktop.
Other colleagues experienced the same problem with slightly different configurations.

Best,
V.
drbokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #34
Vasile1337

The "White squares" become annoying! I am not able to see when I receive a new email and I missed a call because my screen (Chrome) was WHITE. I cannot "click it" each 2 minutes.

Please fix this as soon as possible!
Vasile1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #35
BryGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasile1337 View Post
The "White squares" become annoying! I am not able to see when I receive a new email and I missed a call because my screen (Chrome) was WHITE. I cannot "click it" each 2 minutes.

Please fix this as soon as possible!
Don't forget Carlo's suggested temporary workaround for the artifacts/window paint failures:

1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Mission Control
3. Make sure "Displays have separate Spaces" is checked

I haven't had any artifacts or paint failures since enabling this option. I don't typically prefer to run with this option selected, but it's better than the alternative with the current DisplayLink driver! Hopefully it doesn't make WindowServer super unstable for you like it seemed to for @luckman212 (it hasn't affected stability that way for me as far as I can tell).
BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 01:00 PM   #36
luckman212

Just came to report that I installed the 10.12.3 (16D32) final yesterday and still have the same artifacting as before, so Apple has once again left us hanging it seems.
luckman212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:47 PM   #37
justme

Quote:
3. Make sure "Displays have separate Spaces" is checked
sorry. but this is not a really viable option. it does not allow a window to span multiple displays.
justme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #38
BryGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme View Post
sorry. but this is not a really viable option. it does not allow a window to span multiple displays.
I totally agree with you.

With the current driver, it's more of a pick-your-poison situation than an actual workaround. If you don't typically have windows that span multiple displays, then you might prefer this to the artifact/repaint issues at the cost of the other shortcomings of enabling that option. On the other hand, if you need windows to span multiple displays, then you're stuck with the artifacts/repaint.

Unfortunate and annoying, I hope it gets resolved satisfactorily soon!
BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:09 AM   #39
Dmurphy

Having an issue with colors seeming very washed out. Greys are hard to see and kind of just blend with whites. Anyone else have these issues?
Dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:29 PM   #40
TigerRob

I'm seeing high CPU usage (90-100%) for the DisplayLinkManager task with 3.0 beta 2 drivers on Sierra (10.12.3)

MBP (Late 2013, 13") Intel Iris Integrated graphics
Kensington SD3500V dock driving 2 displays, along with Mac Retina panel for a 3-diaply setup.

Anyone else seeing this high CPU usage which I thought we'd seen the back of some time ago? It's certainly new (again) for me, but can't be sure which of the upgrades (displaylink drivers or OSX) I've applied recently has caused this.

Can I provide any further info for debug purposes?

Rob.
TigerRob is offline   Reply With Quote