Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
trevize

Default Any news on a new beta?

I'm running 10.9.5 build 13F24 and I have 2 DisplayLink adapters. Going from one build seed to the next, having 2 adapters sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. 1 Seems to always work in some form or fashion with the bugs that have been pointed out many times on this very forum.

I can also boot Yosemite and have relatively the same experience with Mavericks.

So when are we going to see some beta trying to fix current issues? I'm a willing participant in testing and I'd bet there are many others. I ask as it seems to be very quiet @ DisplayLink with any progress on fixing current issues and maintaining compatibility with future versions of OSX.
trevize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 AM   #2
alphadog

I would just like better performance on Mavericks.... things were fine for a while, then my MBA started crashing every night - it is fine if i don't leave DL plugged in, but if I leave it plugged in, it crashes overnight probably from sleep or resume - but I am not there to pin it down. Not just a windowserver crash but the whole OS.

Hoping for a fix.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
trevize

Default DP 7 completely disables DisplayLink

Just installed DP7 and now it seems it is completely disabled to use the DisplayLink. Heads up!
Old 09-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
trevize

Got the DisplayLink to work again on DP7.

Had to manually remove the kext and re-install the DisplayLink software. The DisplayLink uninstaller no longer functions on DP7.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
dafnordad

Default Issue with VIANECT AIR TV

I am new to this and not a techie. Just bought a Vianect AIR TV HDMI extender for my Macbook Pro running 10.9.4 OS. Was told by DEVOLO that they have no driver to support this OS. I was directed to DP and downloaded the Display driver. Each time I connect the the HDMI adapter to the MAC, it crashes and continues to restart and crash until I remove the adapter.

What can I do short of returning the Devolo to amazon in Germany where it was purchased?
dafnordad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #6
displaylinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevize View Post
Got the DisplayLink to work again on DP7.

Had to manually remove the kext and re-install the DisplayLink software. The DisplayLink uninstaller no longer functions on DP7.
Where is this kext file located? Just in case I have the same issue here.
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
trevize

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
Where is this kext file located? Just in case I have the same issue here.
The uninstaller works on the version of OS X you are running. You should use that.

Also.... me answering the above speaks volumes for exactly my fear.

Where are the DisplayLink support people? Why has there been no response at all to requests for information? Is OS X development dead for DisplayLink? Sure would be nice to know before more people spend money buying adapters!

I've called, I've emailed and I've posted on this forum. I've heard nothing at all, gotten no response what so ever. Are the lights even on?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevize View Post
The uninstaller works on the version of OS X you are running. You should use that.

Also.... me answering the above speaks volumes for exactly my fear.

Where are the DisplayLink support people? Why has there been no response at all to requests for information? Is OS X development dead for DisplayLink? Sure would be nice to know before more people spend money buying adapters!

I've called, I've emailed and I've posted on this forum. I've heard nothing at all, gotten no response what so ever. Are the lights even on?
Hi Trevize,

We're still working on the Mac drivers do not worry.
However I have to set your expectations: it is unlikely that the next beta will address the most annoying Mavericks/Yosemite issues.
It's true that we are still looking for workarounds, but the real fix has to be in the OS to bring it back to the full functionality of OSX 10.8.x.

About the uninstaller, it looks like there is an issue in code authentication since the DP6.
It's not difficult to work around and the next version of the SW will have a working uninstaller.

Please write here if you need to uninstall manually. There is a tedious list of files to delete, different for each OS version.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
unusedusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Please write here if you need to uninstall manually. There is a tedious list of files to delete, different for each OS version.
Hi Carlo,

Please post the list for the third refresh of public beta: 10.10.0 (14A361p)

Last edited by unusedusername; 09-16-2014 at 09:47 PM.
unusedusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #10
alphadog

I just wish you would decide if you will continue to support OS X or not. Updates for this beta are almost non-existent. Feedback to customers is just as infrequent.

I have to unplug this adapter every night, or my MBA crashes when it wakes. I understand Apple has made things difficult, but you could post incremental changes. Some of them must work. Your developers are developing, your QA team is testing, and I assume you are checking in changes that work. How about sharing some?

At least publicly post how to remove the drivers so I can have a stable system and move to a Thunderbolt dock - OS X 10.9.4.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote