Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
jimsugg

Talking OSX 9.2 and Display Link 2.2 working great for me

Most posts here concern problems - I will depart from the norm and report a success. I monitored this thread for a long time, waiting for a sign that my setup would work after an OSX update to Mavericks. I have a Macbook Pro with an HDMI monitor plus a third monitor connected to an eVGA Plus using DisplayLink. When the DisplayLink 2.2 update came out, I decided to go ahead and upgrade to Mavericks. I just want to report it's working great! As noted elsewhere, there is sometimes a little lag in updating a very few apps on the DisplayLink monitor (mostly Safari) but this is not a big problem at all.

Thanks to the DisplayLink team for handling this situation - I know these types of hardware issues are difficult. Thanks also to Carlo for his posts here - that responsiveness is very important.

The ability to control display spaces individually in Mavericks is a great feature and extremely helpful. I'm so glad that I can have this functionality using DisplayLink now.
jimsugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
alphadog

Actually the issue is 2 (or more) display link connected monitors - having one connected via thunderbolt/display port and the other via Displaylink works fine for most of us.

I have a USB3 dock with display link that used to handle 2 monitors (and still does on Windows) - the idea is I only have to plug in one USB3 cable and I get 2 monitors, ethernet, multiple USB3 ports, etc. Mavericks broke the ability to have multiple Displaylink monitors.
alphadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #3
itadmincrbc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsugg View Post
Most posts here concern problems - I will depart from the norm and report a success. I monitored this thread for a long time, waiting for a sign that my setup would work after an OSX update to Mavericks. I have a Macbook Pro with an HDMI monitor plus a third monitor connected to an eVGA Plus using DisplayLink. When the DisplayLink 2.2 update came out, I decided to go ahead and upgrade to Mavericks. I just want to report it's working great! As noted elsewhere, there is sometimes a little lag in updating a very few apps on the DisplayLink monitor (mostly Safari) but this is not a big problem at all.

Thanks to the DisplayLink team for handling this situation - I know these types of hardware issues are difficult. Thanks also to Carlo for his posts here - that responsiveness is very important.

The ability to control display spaces individually in Mavericks is a great feature and extremely helpful. I'm so glad that I can have this functionality using DisplayLink now.

yeah that's not success. This does not work with 2 monitors plus the laptop display. Read some more before you post.
itadmincrbc is offline   Reply With Quote