Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 03-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
JoeGio

Default Second Display will not show a 1920 x 1080 option

Hi- I use two Acer A231H desktop monitors and keep my macbook closed under my desk eventhough it works as a third monitor with the display link. Anyway, I just upgraded my Mac to OS X Mavericks. After upgrading, my left desktop monitor looks great at 1920 x 1080. My right desktop monitor didn't look to the right scale. I tried to adjust it to 1920 x 1080 but it doesn't show up as an option. Instead it gives me 1600 x 1200; 1280 x 1024; and 10/24 x 768. Non of these scales look right. I went ahead an downloaded the newest beta software from display link and restarted my computer. 1920 x 1080 still does not show up as an option for my second desktop monitor. Doesn't seem right being that they are both the same model monitor.

Can somebody please help me fix this?

Thanks,
Joe
California
JoeGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
dsborz

Default Issues with Acer resolution

I have also purchased to acer displays to run from my macbook pro. One of the monitors is set up through a VGA to mini display and the resolution is perfect. On the other hand, I am running a second monitor from a diamond BVU195 USB display adapter. I have installed the latest beta driver that was issued by display link and still having problems with the resolution. I am also running 10.9 maverick from this macbook pro. The only option for resolution that I am allowed to select from is 1280 by 1024 and the result is awful. If there is any way you can direct me how to download or make available additional resolution settings such as 1600 by 900 that would be excellent. Please help!
dsborz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Thank you for letting us know of this issue.

Can you please use this tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
And then send us the information using http://www.displaylink.com/support/ask_question.php

Cheers
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
dsborz

Default Resolution

Great just sent it over. Hopefully you guys can help!

Thanks,

Dave
Old 04-07-2014, 03:00 AM   #5
dsborz

Thumbs down Screen Resolution Issue

Any update on this issue? Its becoming really trusting that none of you are responding to the trouble ticket submitted last week. I use these monitors for business so I don't have the luxury to sit around and wait. If its not resolved this week I have to go with a different product!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
Walter0132

Remember, if there is only one display res. showing.. sometimes you have to hold down the ALT (Option) key and click Scaled to get Mac OS to show the other available modes. I have to do this with my Acer AL1916w to get the monitor to show the 1440x900
Walter0132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #7
JoeGio

Default Thank you

All I needed to do was hold the "alt" button and click on the display box...then the 1920 x 1080 option showed up! Life saver. Thanks again.
JoeGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsborz View Post
Any update on this issue? Its becoming really trusting that none of you are responding to the trouble ticket submitted last week. I use these monitors for business so I don't have the luxury to sit around and wait. If its not resolved this week I have to go with a different product!
Hi dsborz,

We've analysed your logs and the issue seems to be that the monitor EDID information cannot be read for some reason.
This could be because of a cable, monitor or device issue.

In any case the workaround by Walter0132 should be effective in showing the missing resolution.

Please let us know if this is working for you

Best regards,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote