Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
Bootloop

Default Dynadock Portal

Is there a way to access the Dyndock and set up a static IP and preferred Gateway? The Laptops that use the Dynadock and the dynadock themselves are issued a reserved IP based on MAC at the moment. I need to use an IP Routed Subnet which requieres these details to be set on the device.
Bootloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

Nah, the docking station itself doesn't interpret the packets and gives them straight to Windows: IP address and subnet is managed by the host, not the docking station.

What about using MAC address cloning of the laptop? This way the docking station inherits the security you've assigned to the machines and you don't have to manage a different pool. This also means you can only authorize known devices. I'm trying to guess the reason and I could be wrong.

Windows creates a new instance of the driver for each connection path, including the device serial number... So if you connect two different mice of the same model on the same port, or the same mouse on two different ports, Windows will create a new driver instance so you can't rely on a specific instance.
You could also use scripting to assign the connection details to specific adapters.

Could you explain a bit more about the use case so I can ask some experts how to best proceed?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote