Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - 7.7 Beta for Windows

Old 09-09-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
schergr

Exclamation Crashing 7.7beta1

Primary Issue

There are many times when I am changing the size/shape of a window such as MS Powerpoint 2013, where the Displaylink drivers will crash and reset the resolution of the secondary monitor to 1024x768 and reverse the monitor orientation. It also screws up the aspect of the second monitor. It appears to be resetting the whole configuration to the lowest common denominator ratios.

The only way to reset it to my preferred resolutions and orientation is to do a complete reboot. Resetting it in the displaylink control panel, or the windows control panel have no effect. Please advise. Its very annoying as it destroys my productivity and wastes time.

Secondary issue
The Check for Updates feature of the displaylink beta on my machine returns an error that it "Cannot Update Displaylink Software" and that it is "Unable to Connect to the Microsoft Update Server"

Please advise on both of these issues.

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited by schergr; 09-09-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add secondary issue
Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

if you are running Windows 8.1 do you have the "“Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays” check box checked?

As soon as the issue is seen please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool which will be in a folder called "DisplayLink Support Files" on your desktop.

Thanks,
James
Old 09-10-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
schergr

Default Support tool crashing

The support tool is crashing, but I've attached the .zip file of the stuff it left in the diagnostics dir.

Greg
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkUI.old.zip (1.87 MB, 855 views)