Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.5 Software Release

Old 02-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Saturn2888

Default Display Speed Extremely slow

For some reason, after hooking up my monitor again when I came back from being out of town, the display frame rate seems to have dropped like mad. It's completely unusable compared to how it used to be. I figured my computer was just processing a lot of things but this is completely ridiculous. Does anyone know what causes this? Is it the AMD Catalyst 11.1?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Saturn2888

Strange! I figured it out but haven't solved it. It believes I'm plugging it into a 1.1 port but all of mine are 2.0 ports. In fact, I always had it plugged into that same port, and it never complained in the past. I'm a bit more than confused now.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
Pawel

Lightbulb

Hi Saturn2888,

This is truly bizarre. Please run the support tool and upload the zip file to this thread so I can see if there is anything strange in the logs.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
Saturn2888

Let me try one last thing. I was using the DoubleSight 9" w/ Webcam model. The one I used to use was the DoubleSight 9" standard. The one w/ the webcam has worked before, but in different ports. I'm using more than 12 USB ports so that might also be part of it even though some are powered. I've seen this happen a few times in the past where the port is 2.0 and the computer doesn't want to believe it. I assume it's because it's requesting more than the controller on the motherboard can handle.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #5
Saturn2888

Discovered it was only when using that display. Do you think the webcam ability, even though it wasn't plugged in, was the culprit? And if so, is that docking the bandwidth so much it reverts to a 1.1 port spec? So weird.

My guess is, there are too many USB devices and maybe it just needed some extra power. Nope. I tried plugging in a USB extender from the extra power connector to one on the top of my case; no fix. Plugged just the monitor and no power connector to the top of my case; works just fine. So something about this particular display with the added webcam is preventing it from using the USB2.0 speed.

Hmm... Maybe there's some other thing limiting it considering it works just fine from the ports on the top of my computer.