Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: 5.6 Software Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
dsps

Thumbs up HDMI not working

I have a desktop PC that runs win7 and a laptop that runs WinXP. I am using a Samsung flat screen TV with a VGA and HDMI connection in the rear. I am using PC to TV software Warpia 100A v. 14.2.44.7 which is the latest version and Displaylink v. 5.6.29519.0 On the desktop I have NVIDIA display controller installed.
On either machine the setup works fine when the VGA is connected. There are no problems. The problem is with the HDMI connection. Maybe I should say the lack of connection. A “no signal” is display on the TV. If I switch to the PC mode I see my desk top. Does anyone have any ideas? There are not errors popping up on the desktop or laptop. Are there any logs that are produced which would help in tracking down the problem.
I did use DL install cleaner one time and reinstalled the DL and Warpia software. Then upgraded to the current versions above. Unfortunately, no HDMI connection.

Last edited by Pawel; 02-02-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
dsps

Thumbs up Problem solved

The problem was with Warpia display base firmware. See their response below. When I ran the update the version came up with 0.0.0.0 No wonder it would not work.

There is a display base firmware update that can be downloaded from: http://www.warpia.com/support/files/....0.52.0.30.exe The pc-adapter should be plugged in and showing the green connected icon in the system tray when installing the update. Move the computer close to the television (3-6ft is recommended) and disconnect the HDMI cable from the base unit.

Once the update is complete you can move it back to normal operating distances.

Here is the previous firmware version also, just in case it tells you that it is already up to date: http://www.warpia.com/support/files/....0.50.0.30.exe

Last edited by Pawel; 02-01-2011 at 01:32 PM.